Travel Information

Owenjones92

Question

Hey there

Long time lurker here so this is my first post so please move if in the wrong section

Basically I'm coming up for my first trip to Thorpe Park in August and staying over in the travelodge near Heathrow Airport

Can anyone help me in getting to Thorpe Park from Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 by public transport

Thanks in advance

Owen

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

4 answers to this question

Just did a quick search on the south west trains website, your train journey will probably look like this: Heathrow Terminal 5 Rail > London Paddington > London Waterloo > Staines. This journey is 1hr 55 mins, from Staines you can either get a taxi or bus to the park. There is a Thorpe Park shuttle bus that picks up regularly from Staines station and goes straight to the park, from what I can remember this costs about £3.50 for a return. If there's a group of you going I recommend getting from Staines station to Thorpe Park by taxi as they charge £10 for the visit so it could work out at a couple of quid each and it's a much nicer and quicker journey.

Having made that trip before, I used the 71 bus (runs about every 1/2 hour, 15-20mins trip) straight from T5 to Staines, then the shuttle out to the park, easy enough trip. Though you're looking at around £8 each for the bus so if there's a group then certainly check taxi fare.

Thanks for the replies :-)

I'm going to go with Simons idea I think as there's only two of us

I just got confused as in the travel section of this site it says there's the 51 straight from Heathrow but I did some research and could only find the 71 to Staines then the shuttle bus

Just worried with it being my first time in London I'm going to get lost!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2