Tulleys Farm Shoctoberfest 2012

MarkC

Tulleys farm is one of the biggest scare attractions of 2012! With 6 mazes and many roaming we were in for a fright as we arrived at tulleys farm's preview night! Below are reviews of 5 mazes! Due to the fact that the review has spoilers, the whole reviews are going to be in spoiler tags! Enjoy :D

9523532.png?209

With Dr Plague's Trail Of Terror being a last minute replacement to the field of screams we didn't know what to expect! The maze itself hasn't got a story of such, more like a collection of rooms in which you experience pitch darkness and scare upon scare! Part of the maze was shut due to the amount of rain that bucketed down on England the few days before the event but still it was a rather long maze and took us around 10-15 minutes to get around! Most pof the scenes were based around hospitals but we still saw some of the old sets for example the execution scene with the child in her bedroom!

Dr Plague's Trail Of Terror is my 2nd favourite maze of the year!

4404633.png?219

I thought that Twisted Maze was a bit like Carnival Of Screams at Alton Towers, but just a black and white version! If you, like me and are not scared of clowns, this maze is more of a laugh than a scare! The black and white clowns mime to you that they are going to kill you and then they run straight to you! Its quite hard to keep a straight face as they don't even look scary! This was my least scary maze as we aren't scared of clowns! Simples

271582.png?223

As explained by the title of the maze, its all about being faced by the elements! But it's not as simple as getting blown at as you have a black bag on your head taking away your sight! You are guided around the maze by a rope which you have to hold onto at all times! You walk through different rooms where you get wet, and then sizzled by a giant flame, a bit like the flame on the swarm! The fact that you cant see anything really adds to the maze and is a great touch! We loved hell-ements and think it a very strong maze on the line up!

1506603.png?224

Sadly due to the fact that I am not 15 I was refused entry into the maze! Bit of a bummer actually as 15 is a 'recommended age' not a set age!

1131608.png?220

Haunted Hayride is the first attraction I have ever been on in which you are on a moving vehicle! With scares thick and fast which came from all directions this was my favourite attraction! Not only were the sets amazing but they were also really intriguing! The actors even got onto the vehicle which surprised everyone! A amazing attraction which is very unique! This takes my Number 1 spot!

3335923.png?215

The Cottage is more of an "old school" haunted house and as such relies on some fun gimmicks and cartoonish props to create its atmosphere. of course add in a number of extremely enthusiastic volunteers who, a number of times had our whole group bnouncing offf the wall! and it all comes together as fun little attraction.

I would agree with your review 100%! I also went on the preview night, thought the whole event was great! I was a little disappointed that the atmosphere as as hole are seemed lacking I.e just plain white lights, little music etc... but the mazes made up for that!

The roaming actors were very good, funny, but also gave some scares too! Love the experimentals!