Wearing "Bum Bags" On-Ride

tropicalbowl

Question

I'm really wary of leaving my bag in theme parks whilst on ride. It's okay when they have wristbands and lockers to pickup your stuff at the end, but for some rides, you just chuck your possessions in a box. If I wore a bum bag (The fitted ones round the hip) would I still be asked to take it off on rides or would I be able to get away with it?

6 answers to this question

Bum bags are fine on all rides in my experience, sometimes they have to be worn to the side to allow the restraints to connect with you rather than the bag though.

I have had nemesis tear one off of someone I was riding with once, so make sure they have good solid clasps etc. Guess they're not designed for those forces.

When I worked at Chessie even bum bags had to be taken off on Fury but not sure at Thorpe! Depends on the ride and staff member. Stealing of posessions are rare though!

That's mainly because Chessie has absolutely ridiculous rules which go way OTT on what you need to do!

Majority of rides and staff are fine with bum bags, shouldn't be an issue. As tommy says, should be okay in the ride platforms hold.

It might be easier all round to wear a jacket with zipped pockets. If you do go with the bum bag maybe wear a top long enough to cover it up just in case this is an active rule I've never seen be enforced. (although don't brake any park bum bag rules related, obviously!)

In fact it is probably a good idea to wear a top long enough to cover a bum bag anyway for fashion embarrassment reasons. :lol: