Liseberg

EC!

*blows massive cobwebs*

IMG_3482.thumb.jpeg.a904b3dee3359e3bea0ff055e0ec51d4.jpeg

This week I was fortunate to be amongst the first to stay at Liseberg’s new Grand Curiosa hotel. Which is absolutely gorgeous and also pretty huge too.

IMG_3378.thumb.jpeg.8e00bf91c20439a6d76545caf71767da.jpeg

It’s located next to the second entrance near Valkyria. Place kinda reminds me of Kronosar and features lavish theming and even a slide. Probably the best theme park hotel I’ve stayed at since Ling Bao.

IMG_3546.thumb.jpeg.24938ae775c658179d5b8243cc63f1a2.jpeg

We also got to see a construction tour of Oceana, the park’s new water park opening next year which features several large slides including a master blaster. It’s between Caribs Creek & Rutluntica in size I reckon. There’s already several expansion plans.

IMG_3515.thumb.jpeg.69911960df811316b5833208f55b3483.jpeg

Now to the main park. The biggest change is the addition of the Luna Park area, which is nice but maybe lacks the thematic styling of other new rides. Gone is the waltzer and a new fun motorbike ride, plus another Cred. Luna’s layout is generally substandard, but the views are stunning. 

Rest of the park was the same really. Balder was awesome, Valkyria decent, along with Loke, Kallerado Rapids and the Flume ride. I hope they don’t spite that tbh as they seem a rare bunch now. Helix isn’t my favourite multi launch coaster, but I like elements of the ride such as those ejector hills. 

For some the park probably isn’t high priority currently, which is understandable. However there’s no denying management have plans hinted in coming years wity hrlp from new and repurposed park land. Andreas and the team certainly know how to look after their consumer.

• 10 months later...