Oakwood Theme Park - Wednesday 24th June and Tuesday 30th June 2013

Oakwood is a park that I really enjoy, but always feel frustrated at in some way or another.

This year it had much improved operations and staff wise, but some of the same problems were still there (although this didn't ruin our enjoyment too much).

Megafobia was running brilliantly this year, and due to their After Dark event we got some rides on it in the dark! It was running well all day, but in the dark with rain at the end of the day (it runs faster at the end of the day) it was flying round the track!

The staff running Megafobia were brilliant. It was only running one train, but dispatch times were very fast and the staff were really friendly, talking through the PA on every dispatch and arrival into the station, even interacting with the guests at times through it.

Re-rides were had by all as the park emptied before 10pm but it impressed me that they kept all the rides open until 10pm (unlike last year!)

Speed is a great ride, but it really frustrates me operation wise! It was running one car for the whole of Wednesday and most of Tuesday, which is ridiculous for an 8 people per car ride. This causes for very slow moving queues on this ride which really shouldn't be there.

What annoyed me even more was that on the Tuesday, at about 4pm (park close 6pm this day) they put the second car on, when there wasn't demand for it! This proves that Speed is capable of running two trains, but they just do it when they feel like it! (I miss the days of 3 car service :lol:)

Hydro (I refuse to call it 'Drenched') was as brilliant as ever, operations are still poor but it has it's reasons.
Still one of the most forceful drops on any ride I have been on!

I wasn't very impressed with their new area Neverland. Skull rock, the 'themed' log flume was basically a trip through a warehouse with no attempt to hide the fact that you were in a warehouse whatsoever. It was also not actually that enjoyable and is over very quickly.
I didn't ride anything else in the area so can't comment on it.

Oakwood has a lot of hidden gems and unique attractions, the Bobsleigh being one of them. It is great fun, as are the others.

I didn't ride Waterfall this year, it is an absolutely ridiculous contraption and I would have almost certainly fallen in!

Overall I really enjoyed my visits to Oakwood, but operations could still be improved.

I can't remember the ridecount, but we had a lot of rides on Megafobia!

I hope that everyone going on the trip has a great time :)

Nice one Coaster Jamie, all parks differ even in their own presentation and service, but Oakwood for me is a great place, though a little distant.

I am going next week with a club and we get an ERS on Megaphobia in the dark after public departure, and that normally is phenominal, even in the rain. You do know that you have ridden it several times and everybody has the identical bruises.

It's a shame that they only seem to open "Drenched" after 2p.m., which s a shame, as I'd personally prefer to ride it in the morning.

The toboggan ride is great if you can resist using the brakes.

Speed is a great ride but with no themeing seems a little tame.

Now the Pirate Ship, that gives great airtime even to the point of making me grab the handle sometime.

Jamie how was the new Neverland area like.

I wasn't very impressed with it to be fair.

Skull rock could have been great, but the indoor section was basically a trip through a warehouse.

There were a few scenes, but the lack of fake ceiling or walls was a huge disappointment.

I didn't actually ride anything else in the area, so I can't comment on that although it did look of a higher quality than Skull Rock.

Oh yes, (heartache for me) they have taken Plane Crazy (scooters) and put them in Neverland but decorated them with Tinkerbell, I ask you?

I know! It's awful, I liked Plane Crazy but won't step near a ride that's called "Tink's Flying School." :(

It's ridiculous and a real shame. It was also noticable that there was hardly anyone going on the ride when I was there - Plane Crazy used to be quite busy.