The Challenge! (is back)

pognoi

Inspired by James6's great competition of 2010

Welcome, one and all, to the challenge.

In this game, you will be tested on your artistic side, and see how people respond to your fantasmical, splendilious ideas!

Brief:

You have been assigned a new job at merlin parks, who have recently over-ran other theme park buyers, and now own every theme-park in the UK. Your challenge, is to come up with a new theme/design/vibe of a significant rollercoaster, or space. Each challenge (if this one is successful) will give you 5 areas/rides to choose from, where you then either edit photos of the area, and leave a short description, leave a long description with no photos, or post a simulation of your new and improved ride. (descriptions should be no more then 15 lines long to avoid tl;dr's, and no more then 5 photo's in a post plz! :3)

This week, to kick it off, lets go with some rides which really need some TLC:

Colossus, (thorpe)

Rita, (alton)

Shockwave, (drayton)

Vampire, (chessington)

and Rage (south end)

68SK5KB.jpg

We're looking for 5 responses or more for this to become a serious weekly thing!

A day after we get 5 responses, a poll will go up. You then vote for the winner, and they get the self satisfaction of designing something people like as a reward. Remember to look back at the past challenge threads for inspiration!

Stealth (Thorpe park) I think that it can be improved by increasing the ride length by maybe so the same of what is done with xcellorator (notts berry farm)

swarm (Thorpe park) at the end remove the first brake segment and replace it with a half pretzel loop so that it has that finisher becous the barrel roll doesn't do it for me just a gimmick I think

Vampire (Chessington) ride re paint it and improve the loading bit at the end so that you are not just sitting in a room with nothing in it and redo the station because it look a bit to outdated

thirteen (Alton towers) it need's to get rid of the scaffolding apart form that top notch theaming it makes the dark forest look UN finished.

repaint of the big one (Blackpool pleasure beach) will never hurt that ride and maybe a new train for it

I think you were meant to do the five rides listed.... Colossus, Rita, Shockwave, Vampire, and Rage?

Haha, yeah, you were only supposed to do one of them, and its a fun game, it doesnt have to be serious.

A good answer is something like this, where competitors were asked to retheme air, and give it a lick of paint

My retheme of a ride is a retheme of Air. I never much understood the main theme of air...and always thought of it as a poor theme for a flying coaster. I have now re-themed it so it is similar to Nemesis - lets be honest, the greatest ride in the world. Air has now been given a lick of red paint for the track and steel grey for the coaster trains. Similar blood red rivers will flow around the ride and one or two more tunnels. The back story to this ride is that Nemesis has broken free from the chains that bound and tamed it, and is now unleashing its fury to where air is occupied. Therefore it has been tied down with steel and rock once again, and you can ride the beast a second time. The name for the ride is "Adrasteia - From whom there is no escape" This is another name the greeks gave to the godess Nemesis. This doesnt mean that Nemesis or Adrasteia are greek themed rides. They just have names that suit the charecteristics of the beast. redair.jpg

Introducing Jungle Ocean jungleoceon.jpgThis is Air, but re-themed around a jungle and at points in the ride you come within centre-metres of water falls and lakes. And even at one stage going under water for a very short time.The new theme is set to be officially opened on 20th March 2010.

Use your photoshop/no limits/ rct3/ writing skills to emphasise your theme, and make it stand out! (Please only do 1 ride ;) )