Cedar point

So I set off on the 29th of july at a nice and early 2:40am. Due to flight times and numerous delays we didnt get to the park until 8pm local time. So we checked into the hotel and had a nice walk along the beach and a quick look at gatekeeper and windseeker.

30th july

Being a hotel guest the park opened at 9am so we had breakfast and walked down to the nearest entrance. There was a 10 minute queue to get in so by the time we got to maverick there was about a 20 minute queue. I had heard very good things of maverick and I can now understand why. It is a fantastic layout and the launch halfway through really packs a punch. After maverick we walked over to millennium force for a 30 minute queue and wow that was worth the wait. I would try and compare it to something in the uk but there is no comparison at all. The first drop is like nothing I have ever been on, it just doesn't end. After that we got off and walked straight onto mantis. Good and fun ride, can be painful if you get the seat wrong. We then walked straight onto iron dragon. Then after that we walked straight onto power tower. At this point we were wondering where everyone was. After a few more rides of walking straight onto we came to gemini. I don't care what anyone has to say, there is not a more uncomfortable ride in the world than gemini. I'm certain it broke 90% of my bones and turned my lungs to dust. After that we did a few more coasters and eventually came to gatekeeper. Thats when we found out where everyone was. Gatekeeper itself only had a 30 minute queue but when the thunder started we then realised where everyone was, at home! We went back to the hotel room and waited for it to pass and then re entered the park and did the remaining rides we hadn't done. All except top thrill dragster when it started to rain again. This is when we called it a day and said we would try again tomorrow.

The next day was similar but was slightly longer queues so we did some of the water rides. This is when we found out that thunder canyon is apparently wetter than tidal wave. There was not a singly dry patch on me, so we decided to go to soak city. A nice water park but a little crowded.

The following days were very similar with longest queues being 40-60 minutes for TTD. The only exception was the saturday where it rained in the morning so a lot of the rides were on 1 train which meant there was no queue in the park under 2 hours 30 minutes. Top thrill dragster was at an amazing 3 hours 30 minutes. So we decided to leave the park and play on the beach. Apart from that the park had short queues all the time and was an amazing place. I can not fault it.

(Ill see if I can add some pics)