John Davis Funpark 07/07/15

So John Davis' Funpark came to my home town, so I went down this evening from 5pm - 9pm. Thought I'd post a little report as I had a great time. 

post-130-0-86068300-1435820798.jpg

There was a Wave Swinger advertised but that wasn't there for some reason :(

Ridecount:

2 x 'Bumper Car' Dodgem - John Davis. 
1 x Twist - John Davis.
2 x 'X Flight' Freakout - John Davis.

2 x 'Supreme' Waltzer - Paul Nichols.

4 x 'Turbo' Meteorite - Jimmy Aldridge.

2 x 'Demon Chaser' Ghost Train - Jimmy Aldridge.

5 x 'Rock Rage' Inversion - Graham Sedgwick.

6 x Rotor - Graham Sedgwick.

3 x Superspin - Graham Sedgwick.

1 x 'Jungle Fever' Fun House - Alan Heal.

TOTAL: 28 - For £8, that's amazing value. 

Rock rage - My first time going on rock rage, and after hearing good things about it, I wasn't disappointed :P Defiantly my favourite fairground ride, and is one of my favourite flats. It was just a shame the seats weren't spinning as much as I have seen in some videos, but I've heard they don't tend to at the funparks for some reason. On the last ride of the day we asked if she could make it spin more, the ride just went on for ages but it still didn't seem to spin more. Earlier on one of the rides we had some great hangtime too, as it was windy :P So yeah it was a great ride, but I'd love a go on it with the seats spinning loads.

Rotor - First time riding a rotor, and it was really good! Didn't expect to find it as fun as I did. After a few times managed to go sidewards on the wall as well, and one of the rides went of for ages so I couldn't walk after aha. 

Superspin - Again it was my first times riding this, and again it was really good :P Love it when the seats spin backwards. Probably the most intense ride there. 

Noticed this was put on sale on the 2nd of July. Unsure why, but it's a shame, it's a great ride.

X - Flight - Again it was my first time on a Freak out, I enjoyed it but it wasn't amazing. Think because I rode rock rage before it I didn't find it that great. Comparing it to vortex, it span a lot faster and got higher a lot quicker, but I seem to enjoy Vortex more. Strange. 

Turbo - First time again, and was a lot of fun. Was like the Rotor but was more comfy as it had padding, and the arm lifted up similar to an Enterprise so you go Vertical. I did however prefer the Rotor as it seemed more forceful, and it was more fun being able to be free to do what you want on the wall :P

I do love these wristband funfairs... Otherwise you wouldn't go on anywhere near as many rides and spend an absolute fortune! Although I do feel obliged to go on the rides and come away feeling so sick haha!

You're so lucky to have rock rage... Only been on it once and that was at Hyde park winter wonderland last year, was literally my favourite flat ride experience ever and lasted a good few minutes and somehow didn't come off feeling ill!!

I do love these wristband funfairs... Otherwise you wouldn't go on anywhere near as many rides and spend an absolute fortune! Although I do feel obliged to go on the rides and come away feeling so sick haha!

Haha yeah it's great value, especially seeing as rides like rock rage are £6-7 for 1 ride at winter wonderland I believe :o A 7 minute ride on the Waltzer and the multiple goes on the rotor did leave me feeling a bit sick after :P 

You're so lucky to have rock rage... Only been on it once and that was at Hyde park winter wonderland last year, was literally my favourite flat ride experience ever and lasted a good few minutes and somehow didn't come off feeling ill!!

Yeah it was great to see rock rage in my home town, we always have rubbish fairs really, so I hadn't been on most of these rides before! The cycle on Rock rage was pretty short which is understandable and the seats were hardly spinning, so I would love a go at Winter Wonderland when it's running well!  Still prefer Slammer but it's defiantly one of my favourite flats.

My other favourite flat ride (well at a fair) is the Zeirer starshape - Danters Air. That ride is consistently amazing, unless it's a dead short cycle like a minute or so which is ridiculous but ah well!

Funderworld came back to Bristol this year after a year break... They had a Mondial Turbine this year, went to funderworld (a wristband entry fair) must have went on it like 4 or 5 times had a couple of decent cycles, a couple of terrible boring cycles... And my last go, never had such an intense ride cycle in my life, the bloke was manually controlling it and knew exactly what he was doing, stopping the gondola at the top and spinning several times and then swinging back around all the way upside down, I almost fainted, seriously!

Need more wristband fairgrounds around!!

My other favourite flat ride (well at a fair) is the Zeirer starshape - Danters Air. That ride is consistently amazing, unless it's a dead short cycle like a minute or so which is ridiculous but ah well!

Yeah air looks really good, but I've heard mixed opinions about it. I'm hopefully going to winter wonderland this year for my first time, and I'm sure air will be there so I'll get my first go on it then :P 

Funderworld came back to Bristol this year after a year break... They had a Mondial Turbine this year, went to funderworld (a wristband entry fair) must have went on it like 4 or 5 times had a couple of decent cycles, a couple of terrible boring cycles... And my last go, never had such an intense ride cycle in my life, the bloke was manually controlling it and knew exactly what he was doing, stopping the gondola at the top and spinning several times and then swinging back around all the way upside down, I almost fainted, seriously!

That looks great, never been on or seen one of them before :P I went on a Booster in Turkey which was crazy, they just left it on for ages as there was no one there, and the seats span ridiculously. The only other booster I went on was the one at the Brighton pier, which was really dull compared to that aha. 

Need more wristband fairgrounds around!!

Agreed, but whenever I've seen wristband fairs they don't seem to have bigger rides like rock rage? Thats from my experience anyway.

Agreed, but whenever I've seen wristband fairs they don't seem to have bigger rides like rock rage? Thats from my experience anyway.

Funderworld is usually a really big one with a spinning (crazy) mouse amongst loads of other flat rides, a couple of years ago it had this big mine train ride, apparently the UK's largest travelling rollercoaster. like £12.99 for 4 hours

I went to one up in Stoke-On-Trent, and it was advertised as one of UK's largest travelling fairs, and at £7.99 I thought wow that's amazing, got there and there wasn't any coasters and probably no more than 10 rides, like a freakout, superstar, sticky wall, waltzers and a fabbri booster etc. it really wasn't that special. but for £7.99 still really good value!

To truly experience rock rage in all its glory you need to see it at the hoppings or Goose Fair! 

Just watched videos, the cycle is no longer but the seats spin so much more :o Why is it they stop the seats from spinning at the funparks? 

the X Flight freakout sadly is not run that well! :(

To be honest it was running really well, it was being manual operated and later on when someone else was operating it we had a really long cycle, spinning loads but yeah I think it was just because I went on it after rock rage :P 

Funderworld is usually a really big one with a spinning (crazy) mouse amongst loads of other flat rides, a couple of years ago it had this big mine train ride, apparently the UK's largest travelling rollercoaster. like £12.99 for 4 hours

I went to one up in Stoke-On-Trent, and it was advertised as one of UK's largest travelling fairs, and at £7.99 I thought wow that's amazing, got there and there wasn't any coasters and probably no more than 10 rides, like a freakout, superstar, sticky wall, waltzers and a fabbri booster etc. it really wasn't that special. but for £7.99 still really good value!

Yeah mine was advertised as europe's largest traveling funfair  :lol: To be honest I'm not bothered about coasters at fairs, they'll never be as good as ones we get at theme parks anyway :P I just find all the flats fun. I was surprised at how much I loved the sticky wall, it was soo good.