First time visit.

ohshambhala

Question

Hey everyone, I'm visiting Thorpe Park for the very first time on saturday 8th July. As I'm travelling such a long way I want to make sure I get everythimg done so I'm curious of how long the queue times will approximately be for that time of year and how I should make my way around the park to avoid long queues. Any other tips would be much appreciated aswell, thank you. :-)

6 answers to this question

Usually Sundays are quieter than Saturdays so if you don't manage to get on anything on the Saturday, you should have better luck on the Sunday.

Another tip I can give is don't eat lunch between 12 and 1pm. You'll waste more time in long queues to buy food and it is the perfect time to try and get on the popular rides while everyone else is eating. Usually we have lunch after 1pm when we go.

Finally, if you see a ride has just re-opened after stopping for a while, run to that queue or as quickly as you can manage. Once the line fills up again, the queue time usually won't be that low again for the rest of the day.

Enjoy the island!

23 hours ago, ohshambhala said:

Thanks for all the tips, one last thing, should I head for the ghost train first thing in the morning due to its low throughputs and popularity?

I rarely hear of it opening before eleven, so just go and enjoy yourself and keep an eye on the displayed queue times.