louis_cullen

Thorpe Park Engineer Salary?

Question

Might sound like an odd question but I was wondering if anybody knows how much Thorpe Park engineers get paid. I am looking to do a career with mechanical engineering in the future and was wondering if Thorpe was a good idea or not. I know I'll enjoy it because working with machines and rides is what I enjoy doing, but I don't want to set my goal as an engineer there just to find out I'll be payed a fraction of minimum wage, which I expect Merlin get away with :lol:.

Any info as to other wages there might help as well so I can get an idea of how much they pay generally for work.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Thorpe's (or any park engineering team) I believe are on standard contracts so get a proper wage rather than an hourly one (I too looked into it a few years ago now)...

Average you're looking at for a mech eng is around £25-30k... I'd assume most of Thorpe's are at the lower end (or less depending on experience)...

Might be an idea to keep an eye on Blooloop for any theme park (or leisure industry) jobs going...

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Thorpe's (or any park engineering team) I believe are on standard contracts so get a proper wage rather than an hourly one (I too looked into it a few years ago now)...

Average you're looking at for a mech eng is around £25-30k... I'd assume most of Thorpe's are at the lower end (or less depending on experience)...

Might be an idea to keep an eye on Blooloop for any theme park (or leisure industry) jobs going...

Will do, thanks for the response!