What was X:/ No Way Out like pre-2007?

British Theme Park Archive pointed out recently that X No Way Out never had a computer virus theme in the first place.

https://www.facebook.com/754391131295505/posts/2947543095313620/

"Myth 4— X No Way Out didn't actually have anything to do with a computer virus when it first opened. This surprised me and was really interesting speaking to one of the people on its development team about the ride. The theme was something to look cool for its time. The name was just a trendy tagline when computers were becoming popular—today's equivalent is probably # No Way Out! The original concept behind the coaster was basically a ride that goes 'wrong', you think it's gonna go forwards but alarms sound and you go backwards as a surprise. Throughout the ride strange sounds are heard of the coaster trying to restart and all sorts, it starts to go forwards but then rolls backwards again (always wondered why it did that!). After the on-board audio disappeared it wasn't as clear what was going on and this theme was lost. The computer horror idea came about when the ride had a very low budget revamp in 2007. A video was added to the queueline but that was as far as it went, the video had disappeared by the next year."

17 hours ago, X:/ No Way Out said:

Maybe the 2007 revamp was inspired by Swayzak. After all, those UK people did go to America a lot. IDK if they even saw him though, as he was so obscure and only appeared for a week.

They were not inspired by that. Any resemblance you see is coincidence. There are hundreds and thousands of "virus" themed media and it's such a vague concept anyway. It wasn't inspired by this thing you like, plain and simple.

• 5 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 5:44 AM, Hethetheth said:

They were not inspired by that. Any resemblance you see is coincidence. There are hundreds and thousands of "virus" themed media and it's such a vague concept anyway. It wasn't inspired by this thing you like, plain and simple.

I knew it, anyway. Like you said, there are lots of virus themed media, usually not getting it right when viruses are sentient (Barbie and Are You Afraid of the Dark come to mind...) The only media that got it right were Toonami, Scooby-Doo, this obscure Milton Bradley board game called The Omega Virus, and ReBoot. I'm creating my own computer virus character inspired by my favorite virus media (the ones mentioned above), and soon enough he'll be on the list.