Getting To Legoland Windsor.

KaneCurse

Oh, I expect that would be awesome. :D Probably similar to the Run Chessington thing I did, but for a whole week/ 2 weeks.I'm on my Work Experience at the moment, at the MK Dons Football Club.The office work is diabolical and I just do the jobs no-one else will do, but the coaching part of it is great <_<Really wish I could have done it at Chessington/ Legoland though.Make sure you let us know how you get on <_<

KaneCurse as a fellow Ex-Legoland Employee (because its now closed) allow me to answer your question.Your shifts start at 9:00am, therefore this rules out the very unreliable and expensive shuttle bus. This leaves you with 2 options.1) Call a taxi company (Windsor Radio Cars are the best and cheapest)2) Walk from the station to Legoland Windsor (from Windsor & Eton Central) preferably.I have never personally needed to take Option 2, as I have had transportation ready. But I hear its an easy route, and is mostly a straight road.Hope this helps, give us a shout if you need any more help! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Or once again, talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.The local buses do fine, its way cheaper than a taxi, some are even coaches going from theatre street (basically down the road from riverside, and just ouside central station). Plus it gives you more options on the way home. Considering I used the buses fulltime for most of the year, I have to say they're not unreliable.Walking could be done and takes 30mins, but you really need to know where you're going. And it makes no difference which station considering you can walk between them both within 3mins.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,Don't know if this is the correct place to post this but I just a quick question, I have a job interview at Legoland Windsor in a couple of weeks and if I get it, I want to make sure I can get there easily as I do not always have access to a car. I know I'd get the train to Windsor from London Waterloo, but the shuttle bus is at 10am and work would start at least an hour earlier than this. So my question is, are there local buses I can take from the station to the park? and/or is it possible to walk to the park from the station, and if so how long would it take?I appreciate everyones help on this matter :(

Hi all,Don't know if this is the correct place to post this but I just a quick question, I have a job interview at Legoland Windsor in a couple of weeks and if I get it, I want to make sure I can get there easily as I do not always have access to a car. I know I'd get the train to Windsor from London Waterloo, but the shuttle bus is at 10am and work would start at least an hour earlier than this. So my question is, are there local buses I can take from the station to the park? and/or is it possible to walk to the park from the station, and if so how long would it take?I appreciate everyones help on this matter :(

It is better to just walk to the station. Buses in Windsor are extremely unreliable and can be up to 25 minutes in late. Walking from Lego to the station shouldn't take you any longer than 40 - 45 minutes, depending on how fast you can consistently walk for. I used to do it all the time. As long as I had my iPod plugged in I was fine.

Yeah buses are always late - but they're frequentish. 191, 702 and 703 go to lego staff entrance. Up to 5 an hour sometimes (including lego shuttle). Just as long as you get the 805 or so (depending on your start time) you should be fine.But walking is incredibly cheap and reliable though, did this a few times.

• 2 weeks later...