Holly, Ciarran and Callum's Legoland trip 13/06/11

First time back at Legoland in a long time. It looks a lot different to what I remember. We left home after the park opened because we're all lazy buggers. KP crisps are doing 50% vouchers so if your planning on going to Merlin attractions soon and paying have a looksie. So off we went, went and got Callum's ticket. The guy at the admissions desk we went to was brilliant. In terms of busyness it was barely any one. Got in to the park, one thing I don't miss is the bloody hills. The one leading down to Viking Land you literally turn a corner and I almost fell down it went that steep.So off we went onto Viking River Splash. For the landscape that it's on they've done well tbh, you get wet, go round some epic bends but the bumps aren't too fun. They kinda hurt tbh. Started heading towards The Dragon stopped off at the Jolly Rocker. More to come later on the Jolly Rocker. Headed to The Dragon and it was closed. Headed towards the ONLY smoking area in the park. I will agree with smoking areas in Legoland but they could at least give us more than one that's positioned in the middle. Went to The Burger Ranch grabbed milkshakes and chips. 5 odd quid for the chips and 6 ish for the milkshakes but worth it (just so you know that was for all three of us) but if you go I recommend the milkshakes. Now after being all refreshed and no rumbling tummies we headed for Atlantis Submarine Voyager. Woo new ride all nice and excited yes? Kinda. It's such a good concept the ride from when you leave the station to getting back is about 3 minutes. Story lines the typical every things going good but as it's Legoland instead of us almost dying, we were about to lose all our data we collected! Oh noes! It could be so much better if they were clearer about what buttons are what because you have screens telling you what the different species are but the buttons aren't that clear. Fairy Tale Brook next still as good as when I went on when I was little. Because there was 3 of us our boat either scraped across the floor at the back or leant to one side. That was amusing within it's self. Went to Miniland for a bit. Saw Wembley, last time I went to miniland it wasn't there. Next was Space Tower, the tower you pull yourself up on. I let Ciarran do it, I tried but it's actually not that easy. Callum wanted to go on Sky Rider and honestly so did I to see the views. It actually goes quite fast. Now time for the Jolly Rocker. 5 times in a row mainly to have adults on the end of the rows. I understand that the rule is in place for a reason but Jesus Christ they were trying to get adults to come on, schools were having difficulty's so as 3 adults we helped out for a bit because The Dragon was closed. I got off at one point because I felt sick but went back on because they couldn't find one last adult. The first time we went on during the day they called someone on the radio and got them to come and sit on it. But the rule is a tad ridiculous because if you in a massive group you aren't going to have 2 adults to every 4 children (that's how many you fit on the row etc). Headed to Pirate Falls, still a funny little ride, the drop seems a lot bigger off the ride. Picture was amusing because you couldn't see me and Ciarran other than my face just over Callum's shoulder and a bit of Ciarran's top. It's a bit of a forceful drop in all honesty. Laser Raiders, as bad as some of the queue line is and the theming inside the ride, I prefer it to Tomb Blaster because your laser has a bigger laser 'beam' so I hit more targets and won ;). Went back onto Viking River Splash, I'd had enough of getting wet so I got myself a poncho. Whilst just about to get on the pumps stopped and the ride stopped. As we headed up the exit the boats were stacked and were being evacuated so we watched and saw the engineers come so waited to see the pumps come on. When they did we decided to go back and wait for the ride to start again and off it did. I think people were standing up in the boats repeatedly and they e-stopped it. Me, Ciarran and Callum being the smart people we are put the bag in the middle then after it got a bit of a soaking from the waterfall things I put it under my poncho. As we were near the top we headed to the sweet shop and grabbed some pick'N'mix then got on the Hill train. LAWL some kids were behind us arguing because they were late and I quote 'We're late because you two were busy dancing around the entrance deciding where to go' continuously arguing all the way to the bottom. Headed to The Dragon, it was working! Woo so got on and had a flaming good time (eh ;) good lil joke no?) Started heading to Wave Surfer and stopped at Boating School. Now then it's 2-3 to a boat and a maximum of 2 adults. There was 3 of us. So me and Ciarran went, Ciarran got off and Callum got in the boat with me. So I got two rides on Boating School! So we headed to Wave Surfer, queued a little bit but it's worth it. Each got our own boat and that was fun, I got the most wet XD Now we had reached the end of the day. Throughout the day there was laughs, a little arguing and a little kid running into me. All in all it was fun, proberly on of the best days I've had at a kids park, the way they have Lego models everywhere is amazing, I had to double take on one that was in a bush because I thought it was a kid. In my opinion I prefer it to Chessington even with Jungle Coaster being replaced by a hotel. It was such a good day and I enjoyed my self. Watch out guys though, I will bring my bright yellow poncho to Thorpe B)

Video of Atlantis.Sorry about the writing didn't have my camera with me =(