iPhone games

Cernuschi

There's a neat little roller-coaster game that's currently trending in the App store. It called Coaster Crazy and you are challenged to build a number of different style coasters to meet challenges.

The game is developed by Frontier (responsible for RCT) and I think some of the features are really good and would be brilliant if there was to be another RCT. For a start there is no default grid (it is an option) allowing you the freedom to create roller-coasters with various features, banking angles and elements. Think of it as a simplified No limits created for the iPhone.

There may be no other rides or actual parks, but I would like to think of this as something that can be developed into a top class RCT4 (well the design style anyway). Obviously its a very limited game being for a mobile, but I really feel this may be some good news regarding future Roller Coaster games.

Download the game and share your thoughts?

I'm about to get the game but just to say you might want to try out some virtual ride simulators.

At the moment there is:

Booster

Top scan

Techno power

Disco

Top spin and I think that's it.

Graphics are good but they are £1.50 each :/

Edited by Tommy
Overuse of punctuation

I'm about to get the game but just to say you might want to try out some virtual ride simulators.......

At the moment there is:

Booster

Top scan

Techno power

Disco

Top spin and I think that's it.........

Graphics are good but they are £1.50 each :/

I've recently downloaded all of these, had the Top Scan one for a while and I must agree, they are great simulators! I hope there are more to come!

Here's the Extreme (Known as Techno Power in Germany) one if people want to download, click 'More by this developer' to see the other ride sims - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/virtualrides-techno/id530452523?mt=8

The Coaster Crazy app is also quite good, certainly reminds me of RCT3, although is much more bearable if you play it on iPad. :P

Someone (I think Daniel9) was telling me about Frontier making a new roller coaster game but it wasn't going to be RCT4. I'm guessing this is what it is; it looks a bit thrillville-ish but I'll give it a download as it's free!

Does it have an in-app store or is it totally free?

Because if this was a 'taster' for a full theme park version that would be definitely worth some of my hard earned money. :blush:

Thanks for those simulators. Any ones in particular you would recommend as I probably wont fork out for them all?

Tommy - Yes the game is totally free from what I can see so far. Thrillville-ish yes in terms of looks, but much more freedom with coaster creation.

I like the Topscan- certainly my favourite all though the techno power is quite good too!

In terms of the topspin- I can't figure out how to make it do more than 1 flip- shame really

Disco- can get a bit boring but is good simulation

Booster- too many hiccups not all of the cars flip from side to side and they bounce up and down- there will hopefully be an update to fix this soon!

The coaster crazy game:

Great game except a bit unrealistic. I would recommend getting it as it is absolutely free and you can buy cash and gems for real money if you want to! But you can even win gems on the moon! Recommend it!