The Future Of Catering

JoelPagett

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was on park and was asked to take part in a focus group. The main aim of the focus group was to get our opinions on the parks food offerings and also the future. We had to first give our opinions on the current park offering, we said it was okay but there is a lack of undercover eating spaces and also we said it had to be more immersive with themes I.e. a restaurant to fit in with The Swarm a little like disney or universal (obviously nothing to that standard though!). Then we were asked about the thoughts of KFC and Pizza Hut being replaced by the inhouse brands.

In our opinion as long as the in house brands rivaled those of the high street then people didn't seem to mind these brands. Although there were some issues with the food offerings and more healthly options were a big need at Thorpe Park.

Intrestingly they also asked our thoughts on brands such as Pret, Nandos and some other mexican restaurants. All in all it seems as though they want to move with the times, hopefully though the inhouse brands will not wipe out any franchises!
modify_inline.gif

When I worked there, I always used to think about what changes I would make and how I would make them. Little things used to grate at me. Before we even look at the future, they need to fix what they already have. Now mind, aside from a few donuts the other day, I've not eaten at Thorpe since 09 and so I don't know if things have improved, but I used to feel the product quality wasn't up to standard.

Frozen goods instead of fresh goods, people paying a lot of money in the likes of BBQ for food that is cooked earlier and just kept hot for an hour or so, warm drinks etc.

Speaking of warm drinks, my kiosk was always like an oven so on a busy summers day, the coca cola machine would be red hot. As a result, the drinks would be hot. I didn't want to serve them. It's not fair that someone pays £2 for a warm drink.

As for the future, it's clear which direction they are heading but perhaps think outside the box. Maybe, seeing as Amity is an American town, they should have an American themed restaurant that sells pancakes and corn dogs and stonebaked pizza! That's what they should have done with the Diner.

Plus, Waffles & Ices it takes no time at all to make fresh waffles in front of the customer. Don't insult me by trying to pass off some frozen block of crap as a waffle. Not even melted ice creams makes those things soft, they're literally rock hard.