Visitors/Riders Height And Size

adam_sparks1

Hi,

I have been going to theme park in England now for a while and I love rides and anything to do with them. The problem is I am 6'6 and just about fit into most rides at Thorpe, Blackpool and Alton due to leg room on the rides.. Rides such as Colossus at Thorpe hurts even more than it normally does as I am very tightly fit. Rides at Blackpool and Alton seem to have much more room and leg room for taller people and the more over weight people; whereas Thorpe seem to have very little leg room for taller people. I hope in the future rides that English parks put in have more leg room and cater for taller people..

Thanks

It's not thorpe fault for the restrictions placed on height and size, unfortunately. It one of those things where you have to blame the manufacturers as it's them who make the rides and seats and restraints etc. rides like Swarm and Th13teen have a 1.96 m height restriction because the train design means it literally can't accommodate any body over that height. It's just what the manufacturer says and then the parks set the restrictions accordingly . Trust me it will be the same in European and American parks , it's something you have to put up with unfortunately.

I wouldn't say it's something you can directly blame the manufacturers for, as it's all a product of ergonomic design...

As much as companies would like to create products which can be perfectly used by all people big/small/thin/fat/muscular/etc, it's impossible to do so because of the wild variations we get... Hence the result of the 'ideal' human shape which is used in the design of chairs/tables/theme park rides...

Colossus really is the exception though, apart from maybe the Maurer spinners, but even then you have to hit the 1.96m mark, which isn't a common occurance...

Of course, to solve this leg-room issue we could just build Inverts...