Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce, New England

A surprise recently when I got the chance to ride the Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce. Always had wanted this and suddenly, there I was.

This is a brilliant wooden roller coaster that ascends a climb hill through trees across boulder strewn terrain, to then descend around the wooded hill then hug it's contours. Racing between the trees, and bobbing around corners reaching speeds of 60mph. Great airtime and with speed at low level it creates a fantastic ride.

Hope I'm allowed to post this link? 

Yep. It was either this or wooden warrior, both astoundingly great rides, however boulderdash seems to be longer and have more of a flare. 

Wooden Warrior at Quassy is a fantastic ride in a quite small area; the park is a very good family park with loads more of the conventional fairground type amusements, we did that on the same day.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you have now ridden it and that you enjoyed it.

Now you have an excuse to try the others out, to see how they compare.

Megaphobia at Oakwood is probably the  best woodie we have in the United Kingdom but those at BPB are brilliant, they each have their own feel.

The airtime in front row is incredible. I've never been on anything like it, pretty much every hill left me

Gliding in between the seat and the restraint.

Because this was my first woodie, I'm still unsure as to how these beasts of rides fully work. My restraint was miles off my lap and had a large give area, about 1.5 fists gap. I guess also the second time,

It helped that I made my belt really loose. But dang it was a great experience, the force of the wind after the first drop is like nothing I've ever seen or been on.