New resort hotel: plans online

AstroDan

I personally never understand why people get so annoyed over resort developments.

Overnight stays do, in my experience, really improve the theme park experience, so more variety and availability can only be a good thing surely.

It's the idea that the investment in hotel and stay over facilities comes at the cost of in park investment.

I actually like these plans. Think about it, this year we've got Octonauts and the Enchanted Village, next year we get Food Loop/Air Gates, year after we get a new hotel and probably something else too, then in the coming years we get SW8! How good does that sound?

I'm very excited about this, it'll be completing that side of the resort and it looks like a gorgeous hotel!

3 hotels and a log cabin style accommodation will put Alton Towers in the forefront as a short break destination, something it needs right now.

2017 opening sounds ideal as SW8 is sounding like it'll be planned to open then (hopefully) it's my belief that theme park and accommodation do have separate budgets so I wouldn't be concerned about the park being neglected for more accommodation.