Fright Nights 2019 - Spoilers

JoshC.

• 3 weeks later...

So I know I'm late to the train for this one, but I thought I would finally publish my honest thoughts on the lineup this year.

Living Nightmare:

This was a disappointment for me this year, in 2017 the maze had some incredibly energetic actors who really ran the space and managed to weave in and out of the large groups, this year I felt the actors got a little trapped in between the conga lines. I went on the first sunday too, one of the quietest days to visit, it just felt quite empty at times.

Hopefully it improved over the run but Living Nightmare for me was OK, the finale with the costumes though are very cool and is something I really liked.

Platform 15

Platform in 2017 was one of my favourite mazes, period. I only experienced this maze in the day this year though I honestly think it wouldn't of been much better in the dark TBH..

Platform 15 this year simply didn't have enough going on in comparison to 2017. In 2017 sure they were lulls but moments such as the train and the village were gripping and intense, this year both felt kinda weak and a shadow of what it used to be.

New ending is interesting though the tunnel section wasn't as good as 2017 with 2017 having some brilliant scares with torches, this year just saw the tunnel being mostly empty.. 

Overall, meh.

Creek Freak:

Creek Freak really has everything- brilliant actors, brilliant set, length, crawl sections, chainsaws, intensity...

Its not quite as intense as Asylum or quite as fun as Big Top, but this easily is the best attraction of Fright Nights this year and probably one of the best mazes to ever exist at the event.

Both run throughs left me laughing and running in equal measure, I found the maze was swarming with actors in places and the multi-route sections combined with creative actors make every run through different. 

I loved how Thorpe tackled a mini Sub Species style section with various points where you can be split up, I felt Thorpe really integrated this in well and it added a extra layer of dread while walking through. Overall a solid addition to Fright Night this year and easily the most fun I had all night.

Do Or Die:

This was hard for me. The actors inside were really going for it! They really are a brilliant cast and it really pains me to be so negative about this maze..

Despite top tier acting, some of the set just lets it down. I have heard they have isolation chambers in the first container which is a great idea but on my run throughs they were not used at all.. I honestly think the heavy popularity of the event makes using that technique hard, unless you go all out like E10 did..

Do or Die is surely interesting but overall as a attraction it falls flat, the actors do redeem it a little though.

Like Platform and LN, its OK.

Blair Witch:

Solid maze- has some issues with it being quite a open space at times though actors generally were rocking it.

I didn't get a single scare in here but its not a bad maze, I do think its more of a support maze than anything though.

Containment:

Actors really made this brilliant- didn't take itself too seriously, plenty of humour, a few good scares, and some changes to the first two rooms.

Compared to 2016-2017 Containment feels so refined and polished, such a fun experience and I don't regret a penny of the upcharge cost.

12 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

So I know I'm late to the train for this one, but I thought I would finally publish my honest thoughts on the lineup this year.

Living Nightmare:

This was a disappointment for me this year, in 2017 the maze had some incredibly energetic actors who really ran the space and managed to weave in and out of the large groups, this year I felt the actors got a little trapped in between the conga lines. I went on the first sunday too, one of the quietest days to visit, it just felt quite empty at times.

Hopefully it improved over the run but Living Nightmare for me was OK, the finale with the costumes though are very cool and is something I really liked.

Platform 15

Platform in 2017 was one of my favourite mazes, period. I only experienced this maze in the day this year though I honestly think it wouldn't of been much better in the dark TBH..

Platform 15 this year simply didn't have enough going on in comparison to 2017. In 2017 sure they were lulls but moments such as the train and the village were gripping and intense, this year both felt kinda weak and a shadow of what it used to be.

New ending is interesting though the tunnel section wasn't as good as 2017 with 2017 having some brilliant scares with torches, this year just saw the tunnel being mostly empty.. 

Overall, meh.

Creek Freak:

Creek Freak really has everything- brilliant actors, brilliant set, length, crawl sections, chainsaws, intensity...

Its not quite as intense as Asylum or quite as fun as Big Top, but this easily is the best attraction of Fright Nights this year and probably one of the best mazes to ever exist at the event.

Both run throughs left me laughing and running in equal measure, I found the maze was swarming with actors in places and the multi-route sections combined with creative actors make every run through different. 

I loved how Thorpe tackled a mini Sub Species style section with various points where you can be split up, I felt Thorpe really integrated this in well and it added a extra layer of dread while walking through. Overall a solid addition to Fright Night this year and easily the most fun I had all night.

Do Or Die:

This was hard for me. The actors inside were really going for it! They really are a brilliant cast and it really pains me to be so negative about this maze..

Despite top tier acting, some of the set just lets it down. I have heard they have isolation chambers in the first container which is a great idea but on my run throughs they were not used at all.. I honestly think the heavy popularity of the event makes using that technique hard, unless you go all out like E10 did..

Do or Die is surely interesting but overall as a attraction it falls flat, the actors do redeem it a little though.

Like Platform and LN, its OK.

Blair Witch:

Solid maze- has some issues with it being quite a open space at times though actors generally were rocking it.

I didn't get a single scare in here but its not a bad maze, I do think its more of a support maze than anything though.

Containment:

Actors really made this brilliant- didn't take itself too seriously, plenty of humour, a few good scares, and some changes to the first two rooms.

Compared to 2016-2017 Containment feels so refined and polished, such a fun experience and I don't regret a penny of the upcharge cost.

I went In the isolation booth my self in do or die because I knew exactly where they where by rememberence of the videos I have seen me and my mate went straight ahead down the corridor where the booths where if your going to do this inform just shout to an actor saying your in there. I had to wait 2 minutes even that it would of not had the actor at the entrance to the first container he did the interaction with my mate first he was just breathing on him when I got my interaction it held me off from my friend and I was ganged. up by the one with the clever and the one that was at the entrance to the container I said I will definitely find the food and then they said no your not your going get out of here I am going to give u 6 seconds to get out of here before I use the hook and clever on u.