Saw - The Ride “Ride it First” Game

Cornflakes

Hi friends! One for the oldies here, does anyone else remember the “Ride it First” competition game on the Saw mini site back in 2008?

If my memory serves me correctly it had some relatively crude 3D graphics and the goal was to recreate a *particular scene* from the first film as quickly as possible. I remember being quite taken aback by how grisly it was, but that may have just been my 10 year old brain. I’m sure if I saw it now it’d seem pretty quaint.

Does anyone else remember this? Better yet, does anyone have any images or (Even better) footage of it? Or has this tiny little piece of Thorpe Park history become lost media.

I've had a look around all the archives I have access to, and I don't have any images or videos of the game, or even of the minisite.

I can give a bit more detail though...

-The game was called "Disciples of Saw", and indeed was how you described. The objective said to do the game in as quick a time as possible, but as long as you completed it, you were entered into the Ride it First competition (fun fact: I was a winner of the Ride it First competition!)

-The minisite for the ride was originally called ProjectDylan.com. When the ride name was announced, it changed to SawTheRide.com

-There was a really nice blog / developers diary on the minisite...I've tried looking on Wayback Machine to get some stuff, but no luck with any visuals.

I do hope there's some images somewhere - the minisite in general was pretty cool, and got 14 year old me excited!

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I've had a look around all the archives I have access to, and I don't have any images or videos of the game, or even of the minisite.

I can give a bit more detail though...

-The game was called "Disciples of Saw", and indeed was how you described. The objective said to do the game in as quick a time as possible, but as long as you completed it, you were entered into the Ride it First competition (fun fact: I was a winner of the Ride it First competition!)

-The minisite for the ride was originally called ProjectDylan.com. When the ride name was announced, it changed to SawTheRide.com

-There was a really nice blog / developers diary on the minisite...I've tried looking on Wayback Machine to get some stuff, but no luck with any visuals.

I do hope there's some images somewhere - the minisite in general was pretty cool, and got 14 year old me excited!

Thank so much for this! Being a kid enthusiast was something else, used to check that Project Dylan site religiously. First coaster construction I ever followed!

It’s such a shame how so much stuff online from around 2000-2010 is just lost to time now. I would hope that someone thought to screenshot it at the time but I’ve had no luck finding anything.