Expedition Everest

Dan_Rush

HeyI went on this ride in August and thought it was absolutely fantastic!My dad loved it purely because he really wasn't expecting it to do what it does (Don't want to spoil it for anybody who hasn't ridden it)So many people started to panic when we reached the part with no track. It was funny for me because I already knew what happened!:P

• 1 year later...

Been looking around Youtube for Behind the Scenes Disney stuff and found an awesome channel containing many, many gems. :blink:Probably the best one for me was the making of Expedition Everest, such an awesome insight to this phenomenal experience, hope they eventually get round to fixing that Yeti, it seriously is an engineering Marvel.The special is in 5 parts, first one is here:Making of Expedition Everest.Here is a link to the Main Channel- the Imagineer Special is also really interesting!

Think the UK Theme Park industry should try to actually create an attraction like this!

If we still had Tussauds of the 80s/90s, this would be possible...But of course, money in our parks these days is unfortunately left out in some cases...If I ever do a article about Civil Engineering, I'm so talking about this btw... 3 separate support structures that intertwine and cannot touch each other due to the numerous stresses and strains... Would certainly be interesting to hit up in depth...

I've watched it quite a few times now. I just can't get my head round the amount of love, effort and care that the Imagineers put into their attractions; it's simply wonderful. Joe Rhode is also a complete legend! Animal Kingdom is one of the most beautiful parks out there in Orlando and is something he should be really proud of. $100M though, whoah!

• 2 years later...

I absolutely love Expedition Everest, even though I've only been on it twice. When I went on it, in the last face to face encounter with the Yeti, you can see it in full detail, whereas nowadays, the room is now lit with flashing strobelights, so you can barely see the Yeti at all! :(