Best themed ride

theface102

What does everyone think is the best themed ride? Out of every ride in the world.I dont know what I would choose but I think the theming for Jurassic Park River Adventure is really well done I alson really like the theming for Revenge of the Mummy and Ripsaw Falls.I think when SAW: The Ride is finished, that will be the best themed ride ever!

I like the Army camp theme of Expedition G force at Holiday Park in Germany.The thing is, I have been to Europa Park and Phantasialand in Germany, and it's not only the rides that are well themed, the whole park is.Black Mamba, for example, not only is it the best B&M Inverter I have ever been on, they spent as much money on the themeing as they did the ride.Their parks make ours look like travelling fairs. Sounds harsh but it's my opinion.

If we're talking just rides I kind of like Rattlesnake and Runaway Train at Chessington. I know it seems kind of odd but if you look at them, the theme is perfect for the rides. Mexicana, if it had a bit of a repaint would be superb. Black Mamba also comes incredibly high, gorgeous ride.As for parks, the picture I've uploaded shows just how gorgeous Europa Park is. It's not just themed well, its beautiful and well maintained.

post-98-1235677929_thumb.jpg

post-98-1235677985_thumb.jpg

post-98-1235678049_thumb.jpg

post-98-1235678124_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

SAW THE RIDE???? HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG, u have to be joking me! For the UK, Saw is certainlly 'up there' but my God, Mystery Mine, where let's face our fears; Saw-the ride came from with it's story and fire effects can demonstrate where Saw could have gone. I mean, honestly can you really say the Saw indoor section didn't dissapoint? Did you all honestly come off thinking that was the best the park could ever have done with that? I love Saw and I'm glad we got it at Thorpe, but 'best themed ride'? CERTAINLY NOT.As Markus number Nine said, Black Mamba was pretty damn fine, I don't think I have ever had to pick my mouth off the floor. That station and lighting change on dispatch, not to mention the music and brake run music, yes, an actual brake run track! Was awesome and again as many said, parks away from the UK really uphold the statement directly from Thorpe Park on them being an island of thrills and not a theme park.For me, I'd agree on Revenge of the Mummy and say anything at Islands of Adventure, even their rapids blew me away and of course Disney's Twighlight Zone Tower of Terror is right up there.Saw the ride? Honestly... :P

How well themed is this Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride at Alton? I think everyone seems to have forgotton it existed :P I had. Some of the themeing looks pretty impressive on it though. And ofcourse then there are rides such as Tomb which are pretty imensely themed. I'm agrreing with Neil though, I had very high hopes for Saw! The exterior ( outside ) of the ride like the warehouse and Headchopper are good for viewing in the Saw area. On the ride though the themeing didn't do much for me at all. The Jigsaw bit was oright and the inside blades are good when working but part from that it didn't have an impact on my ride, I feel they could have done more with it!

Best theme ride for me, which will not come as a shock to fellow TPM's, is Vampire! :P:P I could live, eat, drink and die on Vampire with its theming! It is amazing! :P My others close though for me are...Tomb BlasterBubbleworksNemesis InfernoDragon's Fury - Queue Line.Colossus. I wrote Colossus as one of my top themed rides as the station feel is excellent, minus the chewing gum :P .Also, some themeing only has to be "basic" to have an effect. So it is themed to get audiences around the ride to see, hear and feel the ride in motion!Plus, little things like going by a lake, under a shop over the air time hill and going by the sun god water feature can really impact on a rides themeing. (Thought I'd explain the Colossus one incase people thought "What the hell!") :P