Share Your Playlist

Deleted Users

I thought it would be nice if one TPM member a week posted a playlist from Spotify approximately 25-45 minutes long and other members can review it. Rules:1. Everyone who would like to share something signs up for a list.2. Every Wednesday, the first person on the list gets to share a playlist, maybe with a few words about a theme or why they chose the songs. To share a playlist from spotify, click the share button by the playlist album artwork and copy and paste the link under the twitter tab into this thread.3. Everyone who wants(and hopefully everyone who entered the list) will listen and give ratings on the playlist. Write a short review basically.4. New week, new person and new playlist.Suggestions:1. Although it is your playlist of course, the point of this thread is to find out about new music rather than listening to what is blaring over the radios 24/7 at the moment. Lesser known artists are very welcome!2. Since this forum has such a varied music taste, please avoid extremely heavy songs of any genre.3. Please vary the artists on the playlists.Running Order:T0M - 27th AprilWill - 4th MayJoshC - 11th MayCurrent Playlist:Daniel9 - 20th Aprilhttp://open.spotify.com/user/seijaku/playlist/7GdL0GQAc79etA3BXuDopd Daniel965daysofstatic - Dance Dance DancePatrick Wolf - The LibertineDeath From Above 1979 - Romantic RightsFoals - Blue BloodSigur Ros - GobbledigookTV On The Radio - Red DressLadyhawke - Back Of The VanThe Streets - Fit But You Know ItWe Are Scientists - Down The HallThe Joy Formidable - Austere

Playlist - 06/04/11Haven't been able to spend as much time on it as I perhaps could have or would have liked to since I've had a lot going on lately, but here it is anyway. All excellent bands, with mostly fairly well known songs by them (So these might not all my personal favourite songs by them, but they're what gets you into them (still great songs though)), I tried to make it as friendly as possible first time around. Another song I wanted to add since I've been loving it lately is this. Unfortunately it isn't on Spotify but either way I recommend you give it a listen if you can be bothered.(No Muse either... golly that was hard :) )

Arctic Monkeys – BrianstormFoo Fighters – RopePull Tiger Tail – AnimatorMetric – Satellite MindRage Against The Machine – Sleep Now In The FireThem Crooked Vultures – Elephants The XX – IntroBiffy Clyro – Living Is A Problem Because Everything DiesPhoenix – 1901Pendulum – WitchcraftBlood Red Shoes – It’s Getting Boring By The SeaThe Flaming Lips – Do You Realize?(Alex Turner - Piledriver Waltz)

EDIT: Full review done!Arctic Monkeys – Brianstorm:Great opener for both this playlist and Favourite Worst Nightmare. Monkey's lyrics are some of the slickest out. 9/10Foo Fighters – Rope:I really cannot stand Foo Fighters' vocals. Instrumental version would make it much better in my opinion... 5/10Pull Tiger Tail – Animator:In contrast, I love the vocals on this song. Great new band to look up. 8/10Metric – Satellite Mind: My favourite song from one of my favourite albums of 2009. Really great riffs with vocals. 10/10Rage Against The Machine – Sleep Now In The Fire:On paper, there isn't anything that I dislike about this song but there isn't anything that makes it really stand out. 5/10Them Crooked Vultures – Elephants:I don't know why I overlooked this song when listening to the full album last year. The breakdown really is amazing. 8/10The XX – Intro:Great intro from an all over amazing album. My only gripe is that it could have easily been a full song. 9/10Biffy Clyro – Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies:I never really understood why people worshipped Biffy until I listened to their old stuff. So much better than Only Revolutions in my opinion. 8/10Phoenix – 1901:Once again, great song overall with the thumping bass and drums. 8/10Pendulum – Witchcraft:I really dislike Pendulum as a band with. Some of the music they have produced, especially their first album I really like though. Immersion feels like a mess of random genres with some fail safe songs similar to previous albums. 4/10Blood Red Shoes – It’s Getting Boring By The Sea:Scott Pilgrim by any chance Dan9? :P Having 2 singers switching between backing and main vocals is pretty interesting. 8/10The Flaming Lips – Do You Realize? A great closer. I love the euphoric but also somewhat ominous theme throughout the song. 7/10Only one new band but still an enjoyable playlist!Overall Score: 7.4/10

I am going to sign up but I don't have Spotify; I use Last.FM. Actually I remember Dan or someone giving me an invite to premium membership ages ago. I made an account, I'll see if I still have the invite.Also I think it's better if we choose 10 songs to review; Dan's had 12 songs. What I hope is that you guys won't just ignore the songs I've chosed...just because they are not the Indie-Rock and Heavy Metal stuff that you guys like. I won't be choosing a tracklist full of Lady Gaga but instead will be chose a mixture of songs from new artists and current artists.

I am going to sign up but I don't have Spotify; I use Last.FM. Actually I remember Dan or someone giving me an invite to premium membership ages ago. I made an account, I'll see if I still have the invite.Also I think it's better if we choose 10 songs to review; Dan's had 12 songs. What I hope is that you guys won't just ignore the songs I've chosed...just because they are not the Indie-Rock and Heavy Metal stuff that you guys like. I won't be choosing a tracklist full of Lady Gaga but instead will be chose a mixture of songs from new artists and current artists.

From this I can clearly see that you haven't listened to my playlist at all, so surely it's a little hypocritical that you should ask that we don't ignore your playlist? :P I know this because there is not a single heavy metal song in my playlist and only a few songs which have hints of 'Indie' music in them. I'm not actually a major fan of Indie in general, I only like a few artists from that genre. I will listen to your playlist and give it a fair review, I'm open to anything... Unless it's Bieber.

I haven't had the chance to listen to your playlist yet LOL. I actually was going to do it tomorrow when I get back from town. But I know how people are on here (everyone on here in general) prefers heavy metal and indie-rock compared to what I like; and when it comes to my playlist, I hope EVERYONE that partakes in this, will be open-minded. I wasn't making a point aimed at you Dan :P not at all.Duh of course it's not the Biebs :D I mean who actually likes his music and thinks it's good??*cough* Kabab *cough*

I haven't had the chance to listen to your playlist yet LOL. I actually was going to do it tomorrow when I get back from town. But I know how people are on here (everyone on here in general) prefers heavy metal and indie-rock compared to what I like; and when it comes to my playlist, I hope EVERYONE that partakes in this, will be open-minded. I wasn't making a point aimed at you Dan :P not at all.

I don't listen to much heavy metal, just normal metal. :D But if I'm honest, metal music probably takes up about 5-10% of my listening time... I really don't listen to it THAT much. And there are a lot more generic pop fans on this forum than rock fans, honestly. :D

OMG there's this song by Porcelain Black (Formerly known as Porcelain and the Tramps) she has a Pretty Reckless-rock voice and her debut solo single is called "This Is What Rock And Roll Looks Like". It's quite good.I'm gonna have a mixture of songs ranging from Dark Pop (Industrial) to R&B bangers to Electro-Pop songs and I will throw in Dr Dre's "I Need A Doctor". I don't have spotify but I will re-download Spotify now and post the songs for 4th May

My review of Dan9's playlist.I won't go round rating all of the tracks individually as the whole playlist seemed to flow pretty well as one. I admit that I didn't listen to it all at once but instead listened to a few songs over 3 nights and generally thought that it was quite a happy and 'rocky' play-list.The main thing for me is that it exposed me to some music that I would have otherwise not heard of and for that I am grateful, some of the bands are now in my Spotify favourites! Overall I enjoyed it.

Not too late to sign up is it? :(

Nope! Hopefully this will be an ongoing this.

The main thing for me is that it exposed me to some music that I would have otherwise not heard of and for that I am grateful, some of the bands are now in my Spotify favourites! Overall I enjoyed it.

Yay! Glad someone gets it.

Most of the music I listen to it, are unreleased or are not availiable for purchase, so how can I share you my songs? So via the instructions you gave, we can listen each other's unreleased music via spotify instructions??

No, you cannot. Spotify was chosen for easy of use and only has licensed songs.

I don't understand something, what's the point of using Spotify? I have iTunes and I can play music for free. So atm, Spotify lets you listen to 20 hours of free music on the internet. And the new rules state that free account users, can only listen to 10 hours of free music per month and listen to each song, 5 times a month?? If so, this is effectively putting more pressure on free users to spend money, to use their services, which they might not have the money to use.

Edited by Will

I don't understand something, what's the point of using Spotify? I actually for real, do not understand. I have iTunes and I can play music for free. So Spotify, lets you listen to 20 hours of free music on the internet, which is an alternative to paying £0.99 per track on iTunes and listen to the music whenever you want.The average length per track of a song is something like 3.30 minutes and 20 hours per month = 1,200 minutes. So 1,200 per month divided by 3.30 minutes = approximately 364 songs per month.So the new rules state that free account users, can only listen to one song, 5 times a month??

Huh? Spotify and iTunes are two totally different things, Spotify allows you to stream any song on its database in full for free. It was like God to those who have a very large music taste and physically can't afford to buy all of it. This new rule is effectively going back on everything it once stood for back in 2007, hence why many people are pissed off.