Nearby places to Alton Towers

RideAddict

Whenever I go to Alton Towers, I go for 3 nights and can't stay in every single night, so I end up going out somewhere. Some good places include:

The Bull's Head, Alton Village - great food and drink, and friendly locals who remember me every time I go back!

The Star, Cotton - only been here once, it's an OK pub.

The Old Swan, Wetherspoon, Uttoxeter - although not the liveliest Spoon's, it'll do for me.

The Master Potter, Cheadle - a nice big pub, only been here once.

Uttoxeter is a very basic town with not much to offer (especially at night), but it's handy for Tesco on the outskirts. A trip is never complete without popping into Bargain Booze for a deal, and then a walk past the Fox's Biscuit factory to smell the lovely sweet smell! :wub: As for Cheadle as a town, well what can I say? Not much.

I always stay at the Chained Oak Farm and have been going back a countless number of times - so many that I'm on friendly terms with the owner, and as mentioned, the locals at the Bull's Head. I certainly recommend this B&B to anyone. There have been many times where I've walked back from the pub to the B&B in the dark around midnight (sometimes drunk), and what I can hear is great. Silence, nothing, sometimes an owl hooting in the distance - but the busy road falls very quiet and dark at night (especially without any street lights) and then you get to the field near the old station that has alpaca. :unsure:

So, what do you at night to pass the time?

Ugh. The Dapple Grey. Not a fan, sorry!

The Blacksmith's Arms in Alton looks bland from the outside, but is cracking inside - a really good meal. As is The Bull's Head in the village.

The White Hart, also in Alton, is currently having a full kitchen refurbishment and isn't serving food - but it re-opens fully in March!

:)

I haven't eaten in the Bull's Head (Alton), but I noticed during Scarefest that the pub is under new management and run by a fully trained chef. The menu looks to be pretty impressive.

The Royal Oak in Alton village is a great little pub, with good food and drink. We often eat there when staying over the road at the Malthouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...