Size Restrictions

ennoaj369

Question

Hi,

I'm quite a large female, but also on the shorter side and was wondering about the chest/thigh restrictions on Thorpe Park Rides. I've been to Flamingo Land in Yorkshire many times and had no worries about fitting in rides at all and not even needed help from the workers. But there seems to be a lot about size restrictions and people being turned down in Thorpe Park, even if they are below the restriction of 51 inches stated on the website.

So was just wondering if anyone has been on any rides in Flamingo Land (as this is my most recent experience; and I went on them all - Kumali, Mumbo Jumbo etc) with no problems at all. Don't know if I'm just worrying for no reason as my chest measurement is 47 inches with comfortable squish room for my boobs, and I wear a size 18 (size 20 on a bad day!) trouser/jeans. I'm also only 5'5, so that might help?

Would really appreciate any help, eventhough I know many people have asked similar questions! Thanks, really appreciate it.

9 answers to this question

The only restrictions on the rides are:

1)That you must be between 1.4m and 1.95m

2)You cannot have a chest larger than 54 inches.

3) You cannot have any health conditions like heart problems or be pregnant etc.

As you said above, you fit all the of the requirements just fine (I can't speak for the health related ones) so you should be okay. Have great time!

Hiya!

Thought I'd just share a girl's point of view! I'm a size 16-18 and am 5'4, not sure on chest measurements but not exactly small! Some rides are particularly uncomfortable on the chest, I'm thinking Vortex (very hard restraints with firm pressure) and Samurai! Most others aren't too bad. Depending on if you carry weight around your hips/lower belly or if it's just wide hips, you may find Rush a bit uncomfortable (but saying that, I've been able to sit a little forward, giving myself space while locking restraints before relaxing, without a problem). These are the main rides that come to mind!

It sounds to me like you should be fine, and it's more the comfort that might be an issue. Ride attendants are usually more than happy to give a good push to make sure you are perfectly secured to ride, not that you'd need it! I've seen this on Rush most.

Thank you very much for you help! Really looking forward to it, comfort has only ever been my issue with the pressing on the boobs, but it doesn't bother me that much. Just don't want to not go on rides because I love roller coasters! My usual problem is that because I'm quite short I usually list out the seat a bit because the shoulder restraints don't touch the top of my shoulder (though I think you'd have to be mega tall for that to happen! Always adds to the thrill for me anyway!

Thanks very much for the woman's perspective, very much appreciated.

Hiya!

Thought I'd just share a girl's point of view! I'm a size 16-18 and am 5'4, not sure on chest measurements but not exactly small! Some rides are particularly uncomfortable on the chest, I'm thinking Vortex (very hard restraints with firm pressure) and Samurai! Most others aren't too bad. Depending on if you carry weight around your hips/lower belly or if it's just wide hips, you may find Rush a bit uncomfortable (but saying that, I've been able to sit a little forward, giving myself space while locking restraints before relaxing, without a problem). These are the main rides that come to mind!

It sounds to me like you should be fine, and it's more the comfort that might be an issue. Ride attendants are usually more than happy to give a good push to make sure you are perfectly secured to ride, not that you'd need it! I've seen this on Rush most.

What lovely girl you are giving her the low down on rides!! I can only add to Ellie's comment being a size 16-18 and big boobs myself, Vortex makes me feel like I can't breath and my ribcage is being cracked due to the pressure on my chest ha ha ha ! so I avoid that now for that reason. I haven't had any problems on any other rides, even Rush.

I also find, having far too many layers on doesn't help lol but am just going to have to suffer it on Thursday as its going to be freezing and I can't just walk around in a t-shirt and hoodie as it will be far too cold! The more layers, the more pressure and the more pain lol x

You'll be fine fine, have a great day! x