Rides and Temperatures

JAMMYD777

Question

Hi everyone,

I am planning on visiting this weekend with a 2 hour journey and was wondering what rides are usually affected by cold temperatures as the forecast is predicting temperatures of 1 -3 degrees throughout the day? Do any rides not open at all or does Thorpe usually manage to open all rides by the end of the 8 hour day? I've never been to Thorpe in the cold before so am anxious about my friends getting to ride everything.

Many Thanks

7 answers to this question

Hello,

I've been to THORPE PARK when it has been absolutely freezing, around -1 or -2, this was during the fright night annual pass event. The rides were all operational. I think saw is the only one temperamental when it comes to cold weather. Other then that I doubt you'd want to go on the water rides in sub zero temperatures. I think you'll be fine. Enjoy yourself, and sundays are usually the best to go on as their emptier ;).

Generally speaking any ride and can run in cold weather, however to get them started you need a minimum temperature. For example, Colossus needs a minimum of 4 degrees to go otherwise there is a strong possibility it will stall throughout the circuit. Nemesis Inferno also can be a bit funny below 2 degrees (I think?).

Saw is just Saw and will stall even on hot days so..... But, when they get going they are usually alright.