My Thorpe Park Mini Meet

So I decided I wanted to go to Thorpe Park on the 25th May because of exams I wanted some stress relief. I wanted to invite some TPM guys along and currently the people who are going are:

EC! (Me of course :P)

Flipper (and his friend Rich(I'm not sure if he is a member)0

Han30

Jackstevens217

JamesC

Mr.Fish
Matt Creek
Mer
Phill Pritchard (until 14:00 cos he's going to a party at 15:00)
Thrillseekeralex (unless he gets smashed the night before :D)
Scarycoasterboy
Styles ( Yay his (well sort of) first meet)

Maybe:
MarkC

It's gonna be the whole day 10:00 till 18:00 and I have a nice little but hard competition Lined up with a pressure for the winner and a forfeit for the first one out. If anybody else wants to go PM me (EC!) I know it's short notice but hay ho. I will be a great day and it will be where members do trip reports of ourselfs looking like idiots :D I need to get my first MAP when I arrive so I might be a tad late :P It's looking sunny so it will be fun :)

Edited by Peaj
Taken out TPM TPMM out of the title as this trip was not run by TPM

Hope you guys have fun! :D

I won't be going due to financial restrictions - train fare plus my railcard has expired so it will cost even more! But this should *hopefully* allow me to attend the Legoland meet ^_^

And lol at ThrillSeekerAlex getting smashed the night before :P Reminds me of when I went to Thorpe hungover once and we did Detonator first, followed by Inferno :lol: Felt rather sick on Inferno (and Marc was next to me panicking that I would throw up on him)!

Haha :P Well at least you don't have to worry about a new-already-delayed-now-even-more-delayed-coaster possibly not being open ;)

Also, if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph - oops, I meant, I may be able to attend after all ^_^ Plus you'd then have an even number so nobody has to be a larry on the rides :P

Just come back from my trip. Another great day at the park, really enjoyed myself on all the rides ( except when I was almost sick on Samurai after eating too much chocolate). The park for a bank holiday weekend wasn't too busy and the longest queue being backwards on the Swarm 30 mins.

It was great meeting new members such as Styles who was very friendly and helpful on the visit as well as meeting with the many other wonderful members who I met at the Chessington trip.

Overall another fantastic trip and thoroughly enjoyed it, a trip report will follow soon highlighting the adventures of this TPM mini meet. I can't wait to meet everyone again in the June meet.

It's time for me to begin my trip report with part 1 of 2!

It was a beautiful sunny morning as I headed to this place called Thorpe Park. Surprisingly, the weather stayed this way all day! We entered and headed straight to Inferno. I am really developing a new love for this ride as the back row was amazing yesterday (more so than usual). Everyone got a second go except me and Phil as we thought that not everyone was staying on and not all the seats were taken, then we realised there were 2 empty seats on the front row :mellow: After this we did Slammer which was new for so a few people so well done Matt and James for taking on the worlds only sky swat! Saw followed which was seemingly smooth on the left side of our car but not the right. Then the power of 10 whilst it still holds on to the most inversions of any ride in the world that is operating ;)

Now the photo part begins...

579380_663373273688104_373441949_n.jpg

Alex, Fish, James and EC are amazed at this giant playground swing!

306945_663373147021450_197923773_n.jpg

Alex, James and Mer get ready to brave it backwards whilst Styles isn't so sure.

581925_663373363688095_1166936442_n.jpg

Meanwhile Matt is looking concerned for his first backwards ride and Jack is confused where he is. He was devastated when he realised Smiler wasn't at Thorpe :closedeyes:

401939_663373717021393_1926200278_n.jpg

EC and Phil enjoy the front right on The Swarm though even after destroying a billboard.

945333_663373597021405_623066844_n.jpg

And EC's legs at the top (they really are).

983940_663373863688045_838407796_n.jpg

Phil does his bit to save the world...

941559_663374623687969_710795509_n.jpg

And his burst of strength continues when he realises X is open :o

970329_663374010354697_1038063971_n.jpg

Some of us need an energy boost after all that running so delve into Han's bag of goodies.

In part 2 we shall meet George and see who has braved the mighty Samurai...