OWCT (OAKWOOD AND CARDIFF TRIP)

Depending on the final chosen date for the trips I should be able to make it. I can only do the weekends of 3rd - 4th August and 31st August - 1st September.

The Saturday sounds like a great day to visit the park with the late closing time and fireworks display.

As a big Doctor Who fan, if I am able to attend the weekend, I would love to visit Roald Dahl Plass outside the Wales Millennium centre in Cardiff on the Sunday if possible.

If people want to stay over night in Cardiff, then there are a few budget hotels you can have a look at:

Travelodge:

Cardiff Central Queen Street

Cardiff Central

Cardiff Atlantic Wharf

Cardiff Llanedeyrn

Cardiff Whitchurh

Premier Inn:

Cardiff City Centre

Cardiff City South

Cardiff (Roath)

Cardiff North

Cardiff West

Cardiff East

Ibis:

Ibis Cardiff

Ibis Budget Cardiff Centre

Hope this helps :P

I really want to ride Megaphobia, it looks an amazing coaster and the layout looks brilliant. As a fanboy, I feel disappointed and embarrassed that I have yet to ride a wooden roller coaster (mainly due to living too far from the parks that do as well as mainly only able to do Merlin parks).

I really want to ride Megaphobia, it looks an amazing coaster and the layout looks brilliant. As a fanboy, I feel disappointed and embarrassed that I have yet to ride a wooden roller coaster (mainly due to living too far from the parks that do as well as mainly only able to do Merlin parks).

Megafobia is a brilliant ride, as are the woodies at Blackpool.

how busy dyou reckon it will be in August?

Oakwood is never packed, the longest queue I have ever experienced there was an hour for Megafobia and Hydro, but this was a few years back! Last summer I never waited more than 15 minutes for anything.

They do frustrate me though - last summer at some points in the day they were only running one train on Speed (bear in mind this is 8 people) but I have heard that operations have improved this year.

I will be visiting Oakwood in a few weeks time so will report back to here on how it was etc.