Pleasure Beach, Blackpool

Last thursday me and Mum headed to Blackpool for a day in the park on the friday, but more importantly for me to Walk the Big One.

Thursday night was to see the lights from ground level, and finally got on the Big Wheel on Central Pier.

Friday in the park, headed straight to the Big One for the first ride of the day. One train on, and the last 2 cars were sandbagged all day, leading to the biggest queue of the day. Everything else was walk on, and on Big Dipper several times we had to wait for more people to arrive. Put it this way, it was nice to get on some woodies again, including 7 goes on the Wild Mouse, and managed to get on the last car of the day, Miffy I think.

Now for the main event, the 420 steps to the top of the Big One. I was meant to go up at 8.00pm, but was later, as the 7.00 lot were seen climbing about 7.45. The Star, where we were meant to meet was booked for a conference, so we were let in and headed to the top floor of Burger King.

Had a saftey breif and then got harnessed up. A few minutes later we were getting connected up to the saftey line beside the track heading up the lift, and then up we went.

We all stopped for photos and video at the 50ft, 100ft and 150ft markers, then made the final push to the summit, 235 ft above sea level. there was a slight breeze, maybe about 12 MPH and no rain :)

Official photos were taken at the top, and then, unfortunatley we had to start making our way down, as there was an additional group after us, so yes, it's very popular.

Hopefully they will do this next season aswell. Ok, at £35.00, it is a bit pricey, but it's really worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great. I would really like to give it a chance though that price tag does sounds a little heavy for the limited time you get up there.

While I doubt it, I hope one day TPM choose to have a trip up to Blackpool. (Mainly because I really want to go but have no one to go with) ;)

Sounds great. I would really like to give it a chance though that price tag does sounds a little heavy for the limited time you get up there.

While I doubt it, I hope one day TPM choose to have a trip up to Blackpool. (Mainly because I really want to go but have no one to go with) ;)

A little birdy told me Blackpool might be happening next year ;)

On another, does anyone know if the pleasure beach is installing any new rides next year.

I'm not sure if they are, but this year did see quite a large investment in a brilliant new dark ride and they have said that their next big investment (whenever it comes) will be for thrillseekers.