Six Flags Great Adventure - October 2016

As some of you may know, I was promised a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure (New York is the overall trip) depending on my GCSE results and because the results corresponded with my parents' promise, I'm offically going to this place and everything is booked.

I just wanted to simply ask for any advice from anyone who's been here or anyone who knows more about it than I do so I'll put it into the following questions:

• Do most of the rides have front row queues? If so, do they get very long?
  • Is the Safari Off Road Adventure worth the 40 minutes? (I don't want my entire family to be bored but at the same time, my mum and my brother aren't big on major rides so I want them to be able to do attractions they will enjoy).
  • What time of day are the queues the largest?
  • What are the chances of Kingda Ka breaking down?
  • Are Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro still not allowed to run together?
  • Is this crowd calendar reliable? (If it is, then I'm saved!) http://www.isitpacked.com/crowd-calendars/six-flags-great-adventure/
  • Is there anything else I should know before going to this park?

I don't need any advice about accomodation or travel as that's been dealt with.

Don't feel like you have to answer all questions in one post, if you have an answer to one question just post it :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to try help you out a little as I visited in August 2015, things may have changed a bit but hopefully some of info will be of use. 

- As far as I can remember every major coaster had a front row queue, I'm not one for being too fussed about riding front so I didn't use it. They seemed to vary in length, all depended on the ride really. 

- Got to be honest the Safari was probably the highlight of the day, 100 times better than Zufari and IMO better then Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney. It lasts a good 30 or so minutes and the amount of animals you get to see is amazing. Something really not to be missed, plus its a good break from coaster riding. 

- We visited in middle of the summer holidays and I was generally surprised how quiet the park seemed to be. The longest I waited for anything was Kingda Ka, which was like 60 minutes I think. The crowds started to pick up about 11ish.  

- We tried to get on Kingda Ka on 3 separate occasions only managed it once. It has history of being a fussy ride so if you see it cycling just head to it would be my advice.

- They were not running together when I visited and I cant imagine that's changed tbh. Something about loose articals and NJ law.

- I went in August and am obviously not a regular guest so cant help you there however I did visit Magic Mountain in October 2014 and it was really quiet so if that's anything to go by you should be alright in terms of crowds.

- The park itself is a bit weird, its not the nicest of parks imo all seems a bit grubby and it is literally a concrete slab with a load of rides plonked on it. I did personally much prefer Magic Mountain however Great Adventure has an amazing collection of coasters and that makes it totally worthwhile. I will say I went into El toro with an amazingly high expectation which was a mistake on my part as the ride didn't really live up to it. So my advice is keep low expectations and your day will turn out a lot better. 

If I can be of any other help feel free to ask :)   

I found el toro very dependent on which seat you are in. I think every coaster has a front row queue but they can be very long especially if there are a lot of platinum flash passes being used. Those passes would have made my trip there very infuriating if it wasn't for the fact we had one. Kingda ka and zumanjaro still have to wait for each other and I suspect kingda ka will break down at some point during the day.

I've been to Six Flags Great Adventure 3 times and it took me these 3 times to do all the coasters there. It's a massive Six Flags park and it can be a struggle to do everything in one day!

My advice would be get to Kingda Ka at opening and get as many rides as you can on it before it gets busy or breaks down, then do El Toro which is close by! It tends to run better then it's warmed up later in the day though ;)

On 07/10/2016 at 7:39 PM, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

Does Kingda Ka have lots of downtime these days?

I know I ask a lot of questions, but I just don't want anything to go too badly (if Kingda Ka is shut when I go, I am screwed).

Its not the most reliable of rides however its more likely to be running then it is to be closed. Try not to worry about it to much or let it weigh on your mind too much as it will end up spoiling your trip. At the end of the day if it is down for whatever reason (which it shouldn't be) there isn't really much you can do about it plus I ranked it quite low compare to some of the other coasters in the park so although it would be annoying to miss out on it, it really isn't the end of the world.