Thorpe Park and Migraine!

JohnnyRocket

Question

Here's an interesting question, not that I'd expect anyone to actually ever know the answer to it (!),

I'm visiting with a friend on Friday who I last visited Thorpe with last August who suffers from migraines. On our last visit, she had a severe migraine come on around half way through the day and had to go home. 

At the start of the day we'd managed TWD, Stealth, Swarm and Vortex. Around halfway through the day, we rode Saw, Rush and then Zodiac in very quick succession. I suspect Zodiac may have pushed her over the edge.

We're giving it another shot this Friday, I've been thinking what order we could do the rides in to go from least-migraine inducing to the worst at the end of the day. Suffice to say the queues were all around 30/40 mins in the summer, and will be non-existent on Friday so we might only last an hour or two!!

So, how would we all plan a day round the park before hitting the migraine threshold?! Obviously there's no scientific answer but thought it might be fun to see what everyone thinks!

3 answers to this question

I would suggest drinking plenty of water because I know from my own experience that dehydration can lead to migraine.  I always without fail take headache pills to parks because I usually get one.  Could it be motion sickness related?  If so I can’t recommend Cinnarazine highly enough (you can get it over the counter called Stugeron 15).  If none of the above are sounding any good then I’d avoid Zodiac, Saw and Colossus,  - the latter 2 have crazy head banging moments which I’m sure have killed off some of my brain cells in the past