Florida Theme Park Tips?

jom222

Hi Guys!

Next week I’m off to Florida for a couple of weeks and will be doing all of the theme parks (Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, etc.). I’ve not been before so very excited but wondered if anyone has any quick tips or things to be aware of?

Done a lot of research but just realised that here is probably one of the best places to ask!

1. Plan Plan Plan!! > these days the Disney parks take in a fair amount planning even for trivial things like getting on rides. So familiarise yourself with the "Virtual Queue" system that newer rides like Cosmic Rewind use. You also need to be aware you need to RESERVE park visits on top of buying entry.

2. Give yourself enough time> If you can allocate two days for Magic Kingdom and Epcot than do so as these parks can be unpleasant IF rushing around 

3. Be prepared for some long long waits at the Disney parks

4. If budget allows, make the use of Express pass at Universal and quick queue at Busch!! Worth every penny!!

5. Be sure to dine at Yak&Yeti at animal kingdom and Mythos at IOA. Two of the best theme park restaurants going.

6. Avoid the Busch free shuttle like the plague. It gets you there well after park open and you have to get back on quite a bit before the park shuts. So UNLESS its the only option for Busch, avoid.

7. Scout the landscape of restaraunts on International Drive. Some really nice and affordable options can be found.

8. Dont rush. Its a once in a lifetime holiday so take time to REALLY enjoy yourself 

Always happy to answer any questions!!

Check out the locker systems as I found those nearer the wet rides at Universal charge whilst those further away are free and timed. You can judge the need to store things whilst wet riding, but make a note of your times. 

In the Disney parks, check closing times and firework display times 'cos if you like them, you could catch one display after another by park hopping.

Foods at Disney Parks is not great quality; always worth considering a big breakfast at a Denny's or I-Hop restaurants to last you through to the evening, especially, when strangely enough, everybody goes for lunch at lunchtime, meaning ride queues are shorter.

Enjoy your trip!