Neptune's Beach

Deleted Users

Although something else could go there I wouldn't see the point Iv'e seen it quite busy sometimes and it good for the kiddies because there isn't alot really for them and it's nice to come out the dome and that area is the it's quite a good atmosphere. I prefer it then an coaster or flat ride right there in your face

Well isn't that just bollocks. Chessington came first, not Thorpe. Chessington wasn't built from scratch purposely for 'small young children and families'. In fact, in it's heyday (which, I'll admit, is long gone), CWoA was a high ranking thrill seekers park, and Thorpe was a s**t hole (maybe not so much has changed after all!).It is only in the last couple of years that this new, and frankly ridiculos stance has been taken by Tussauds, and Chessington has been promoted as soley for families, although thier view of what a family is is quite distorted.That said, Thorpe needs to keep an area for the smaller kids, because believe it or not, the staff don't filter people out that arn't 'thrill seekers' and younger people are still allowed entry (admitedly, just because Tussauds want thier money), so it would be nice if there was actually something for them to do.

but they built cwoa for a reason. {For small young children and families} Thorpe is for thrill seekers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah thats kinda true now CWoA is for younger children (it needs a few thrill rides put back there really) and thorpe is for thrill seekers. However familys still go to Thorpe and if they do have kids what are they to do but stand around for ages with a kid doing their head in. Having a small area of the park for kids isn't really a problem seeing theres isnt much for the younger children anyways.

• 2 months later...
Guest Up, Up and Away

There are still quite a few things for kids to do at Thorpe:-Rumba RapidsLoggers LeapPirates 4DMiss Hippos Fungle SafariNeptunes KingdomGames ZoneOctopus GardensThe shows at the ArenaCheif Rangers CarouselRocky ExpressStorm in a TeacupThat banana ride thingNext year - Flying FishSh**!! There is more for them then there is for us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Thorpe Park need this sort of area to keep the atmosphere alive. Its like if Alton Towers built a huge, in your face rollercoaster or flat ride in the middle of those field leading up to the Towers, it would just ruin the park completely. The same thing is with the beach; its a brilliant place for kids to play, its actually nice to look at, its a brilliant forground as you look over the Thorpe Skyline from the Dome... getting rid of it would be criminal.

Exactly.Although I wouldn't personally use the beaches, younger children will (and also their parents).And theme parks, whether we like it or not, aren't all just rides. Rides.RIDES!There needs to be a varitation of things to do that offer experiences that you may not confront in every day life.Escapism.

I think it just needs to be revitalized.Just off the top of my head, something that would make it more popular is something like a treasure hunt or something.It could be based on Spongebob or something and you have to find Mr Krabs' money.With trained staff and a basic storyline, with a few simple water effects, it could be a really cool aspect for the kids.It could be a permanent thing in the summer.In the winter, they could open it up to adults and perhaps have a BBQ on there or something- roasted chestnuts?They could have patio heaters and it could be a really nice atmosphere.It just needs something as it's just a beach at the moment, nothing else. It's such a large space and does have a lot of potential.

Like the second idea, not so much the first though. I don't think enough young kids that will want to go on treasure hunts visit Thorpe every day if the summer to warrant the extra cost. Not only staffing, but costumes, licenses and what not, would probably all add up.Summer BBQ's on the other hand could definitely be a winner, especially with the late nights. Personally, I don't see the demand for the second smaller pool, so that could be sanded over to create one large sandy area, and one sandy/pool area (with the slides). Stick in a little tunnel going under the path to connect the two, large catering outlet on the far side of the sand only beach, tables and chairs, bar, BBQ, sorted! =D

• 1 month later...

I cant remember seeing anyone in the beach, and considering the countrys climate it doesnt make sense to have an outdoor swimming pool so heres what I think they should do.They should destroy octopus gardens and put a mini coaster or have some rides worth getting on for most people but suitable for young children like chessingtons griffons galleon. And for the beach they should have somthing similar to the beach but more versatile, like a jungle or somthing with a playground rather than a pool. :huh:

• 1 year later...

Simple idea, cover it with a glass roof, or one similar to the Dome, and add a wave machine, but still keep an are DedicateD to children, becasue otherwise, Thorpe will end up completely driving out the kids and families, and end up like and over-rated s*%t hole like Alton Towers, now we wouldnt want that would we? Tom.