The Weather

tomathy

Question

Hi, I'm going to Thorpe Park this Sunday with my best mate for his birthday, but he is unsure on whether or not to go because there is a chance of rain. Are there any rides that are likely to become unavailable because of this?Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question but its deciding whether we go on Sunday or not.

8 answers to this question

Yep as people above said, in heavy rain rides can close, plus it would be very uncomfortable. Especially hail stones! :lol: From my experiences working there, it wasn't a rule that rides had to close because of heavy rain, if it didn't affect operation. But like I said, generally it's not great to ride in that kind of rain. I can't remember fully which rides have to close, but I know Stealth has a higher chance of rollbacks in the rain, Nemesis Inferno can have problems. Depth Charge, Stealth, Detonator, Vortex, and Zodiac can close in high winds. Not sure about Colossus or if the wind affects its speed (I should remember as I worked on it for 2 years!) but as we all know, it doesn't like the cold ;)And yes in storms they will all close except XNWO and Time Voyagers I believe, as the rest and tall metally structures :o

Weather was awful today, but ti meant the park was empty at some point, great! Didn't see any rides break down because of the weather, but of course you have the standard Storm Surge breakdown, Colossus lift hill evac, Saw getting stuck on the MCBR...