Tell Us What You Think At Thorpe?

ste193

Question

When I was on a visit to thorpe park today I found it very nice and refreshing to see that the park where definately taking an interest in what the general public thought of the park, they had provide a touch screen display survey about your day with the chance to voice any other opinions ( I didn't see it though untill the end of the day so I didn't have time to write my essay of pro's and con's).There where poster in various places around the park which provided a number ( which I failed to remember or use during the time and would appreciate it if anyone else could provide the number) and explained that this number provided them with a free text to the park with the offer of voicing their opinions to them.This could be a chance for the fan boys/girls to voice their opinions on matters, such as storm surges theming etcI just wondered what others thought of this as I myself found it be great that the park where advertising this as it shows that they do care what we think and feel.

15 answers to this question

sorry they may have but to be honest I have never noticed it before in the time I have visited sorry just wanted to check others new and see if they knew the number? there are some suggestions I would have made if I had the time.

I think a lot of us would have loads to say. I think it would be hilerious if loads of us turned up and started texting the number. The system would shut down :P

I think it would be hilerious if loads of us turned up and started texting the number. The system would shut down :P

Thats what I was thinking this could be used depending on the success of the petition to show the park how strongly we feel about some issues such as storm surge's theming.

Thats what I was thinking this could be used depending on the success of the petition to show the park how strongly we feel about some issues such as storm surge's theming.

Will definitely do that every time I go now :)I think we should all do it when we go, and get friends we are with to do it as well (its a free text after all)On annual pass day, there was a rather long queue on each of the feedback touch screens in the dome haha.

I would not suggest that people use this number to comment on Storm Surge's themeing. Such a number exists so that people can send in any feedback that can be quickly resolved. Such as any operational issues and customer service. This is to help improve communication between guests, and park operations and in theory can improve guest satisfaction.Any comments regarding Storm Surge's themeing in this way is not helpful both to the operations department and also shows that we can't be responsible to respect the services in place to help improve the service delivery guests are receiving on park. By all means, provide feedback through the machines, through sending emails to Guest Services and any other official means, but to send to that number is not going to help anyone especially as it can't be resolved very quickly- as in the same day, which from what it seems, is what the number is intended for.

Touchscreens have existed at TP for quite a long time but the system is for feedback, not what you want to see. It simply leads to a logging system that effectively bulks up what people want.Such as..More shade in queue lines.More seating around the park.More easily accessible water fountains.Lockers to be around park in easier to access places.Etc. As Sheepie has said, not 'OMG PUT THEMING ON STORM SURGE' will not get through, and such comments treads over all their goodwill that they have put into this system.

Well it is feedback.. Why would anyone be like 'OMG PUT THEMING ON STORM SURGE'.It's asking what you think, and some people think 'It would be nice if there was more theming on storm surge, and also more shade in the queue.'Then why should they not? It doesn't tell you exactly what you should be commenting on. And whilst alot of GP text things like 'I think you should make nemesis faster', I think the above is quite reasonable.'

Well it is feedback.. Why would anyone be like 'OMG PUT THEMING ON STORM SURGE'.It's asking what you think, and some people think 'It would be nice if there was more theming on storm surge, and also more shade in the queue.'Then why should they not? It doesn't tell you exactly what you should be commenting on. And whilst alot of GP text things like 'I think you should make nemesis faster', I think the above is quite reasonable.'

Never, ever justify your actions on other peoples actions. If I had a pound for every time someone say that to me in my job, I'd own the place. Rarely, surprisingly do people write dumb comments, occasionally yes but the GP do actually write fair comments. When general feedback is going to mostly be about queueing times, Fastrack, prices; there will be comments in there which do amount (some I have already quoted in previous post), which can help the park get better. However, ignorant comments such as 'More theming on Storm Surge' will not get considered, for quite obvious reasons such as non existent return on investment, lack of addition to guest experience vs costs. See my point?

See my point?

Yeah I totally see your point, all I'm trying to say is that I don't see why whoever reads feedback would mind people saying that it would be nice of them to add theming to storm surge, because after all its valid feedback that could improve the look of the park, obviously from a business perspective it's irrelevant, but I dont see a problem with people sharing there opinion with the park on what they think would make it better. 'Tis all :P

It is certainly valid feedback. But using that phone as a medium to do it may not be the best way to do it. It is likely to be a way to improve the rate at which service recovery can be provided, so there are less angry guests walking about the park, to reduce GS queues and just helps give the operations department an overall view of issues that are occurring on any particular day.It is likely a phone that a member of management has on them during the operational day. Much like the queue jumping one which I believe is is possession of whoever Rides 1 is each day.

It is certainly valid feedback. But using that phone as a medium to do it may not be the best way to do it. It is likely to be a way to improve the rate at which service recovery can be provided, so there are less angry guests walking about the park, to reduce GS queues and just helps give the operations department an overall view of issues that are occurring on any particular day.It is likely a phone that a member of management has on them during the operational day. Much like the queue jumping one which I believe is is possession of whoever Rides 1 is each day.

It simply goes through to the email system that runs off of guest.services@thorpepark.com.The mobile phone for queue jumping goes through to the Park Tango Team - who are Park Excellence Hosts and will then call security. Well, it used to be like that last year, but Tango team does nay exist anymore.