Thorpe Park Job Interviews 2012

KevinJ

Question

Hi, I've recently applied for R&A at thorpe park and I've received an e-mail saying that I've been accepted. I'm told to report at 'cast reception' (no idea where that is) at 9.30AM for an interview. What can I expect? Should I dress up formally? What questions will they ask me? And where in the park is 'cast reception'?Haha I have so many question but I'm just going to stick to those 4 since this is my first job and I really want to get it!Any help is much appreciated! :)(p.s. I'm 17)

11 answers to this question

Hello the reception is near the prebooked ticket booth there's a door bell talk box thing press it and the door will unlock then you will be taken in to the park in a group then when you get inside you play games watch a slide show then do a maths test after that it's time for the interview I can't remember what they asked me but it's your normal interview qustions like why would you like to work at Thorpe park. Don't just wear your every day clothes dress to impress hope I helped out good luck :).

Hello the reception is near the prebooked ticket booth there's a door bell talk box thing press it and the door will unlock then you will be taken in to the park in a group then when you get inside you play games watch a slide show then do a maths test after that it's time for the interview I can't remember what they asked me but it's your normal interview qustions like why would you like to work at Thorpe park. Don't just wear your every day clothes dress to impress hope I helped out good luck :).

Thank You very much, that helped me allot! I'm just a little unsure about the part where they put me in groups and stuff, I heard that their process is different this year, when I received the e-mail it literally just said "Come in for an Interview" nothing else. Do you reckon I will still do those same activities that the people who applied last year did or will it just be a short one on one interview?Thanks again Jonny

It really depends on what job that you've applied for and if you are returning following last season. If it's a seasonal customer facing position and you are new to it, then expect an assessment center, which is team activities and it used to include a small maths test (why I do not know!). You will then get a final one on one interview.The assessment centers are also suprisingly quite long, so don't expect an in and out job. Dress smart (but not a suit) and be ready for a few hours getting involved.I wouldn't worry about being in groups, I understand that it can be intimidating, but just remember that you'll come out the other end, with plenty of stories to tell and possibly a job too! :)

It really depends on what job that you've applied for and if you are returning following last season. If it's a seasonal customer facing position and you are new to it, then expect an assessment center, which is team activities and it used to include a small maths test (why I do not know!). You will then get a final one on one interview.The assessment centers are also suprisingly quite long, so don't expect an in and out job. Dress smart (but not a suit) and be ready for a few hours getting involved.I wouldn't worry about being in groups, I understand that it can be intimidating, but just remember that you'll come out the other end, with plenty of stories to tell and possibly a job too! :)

Thanks allot man that's pretty much everything I wanted to know! :)

Well being called to an interview is always a good thing - they want you at that interview because they've seen something on your application that makes you seem right for the job. See the interview as one step closer to getting the job. All you need to do then is to make the best impression of yourself and you should be OK. :)