First Time!

benson01

Question

Hey guys, just signed up to the forum as I'm going to thorpe park for the first time tomorrow.

I've been waiting to go since I was young but finally saved up enough and got a car to go.

My main question is whats the best plan of attack for ensuring I get on all the main rides, as in what order should I do them in?

When I go to Alton Towers, I know the place like the back of my hand and know where to start and sort of make a loop round?

I'll be there from opening till closing but yea, any feedback of which way to do it or whats really good to try would be appriciated.

Thanks

James

Edited by IanNem
Cleaned up post

5 answers to this question

I would say to go on Saw first, Nemesis inferno second then make your way round to the rest as you choose. You can go on the swarm at any part of the day since the queues aren't long at all for it. One thing I have to warn you about though, is that if you are going to ride Colossus, be prepared for some pain. And also, welcome to the forums.

Ah, come now, MB, Colossus isn't all that bad. Sure it's designed for people without legs but it's still a more satisfying thrill than Saw in my opinion.

Though I my past experience I'd head to Inferno first, as no-one really notices it, meaning you can get a decent number of rides before the queues really builds up (this is all assuming you get to the park for the 9:30am opening), especially not since Storm Surge blocks everything out. Saw and Colossus usually see the biggest queues earlier in the day because they're the closest coasters to the gate, and everyone's heard of Saw and so will be likely to want to try it out. Stealth also sees a large number of visitors quite early on so if you get on Stealth first that's still a bonus, but usually it's the far side of the park that are the best to start with.

I'd say go for Inferno first, then hop over to Detonator/move across to Stealth, then The Swarm, and then come back to Lost City to try rides like Rush (a must do) and Vortex (if you like that sort of thing). Ignore Zodiac and Quantum, and then move onto Colossus and Saw round about lunchtime (try to have you lunch at about 2pm - after most other guests so that during their lunch the queue times will dwindle a bit).

Hope this helps. :)

Stealth (if your first in and you run, you can get 2-3 times in a row), then Nemesis, then Colossus, Saw, Samurai, Loggers, this will be your first hour done. The hit the flats, Rush, Vortex, and leave the Swarm until last. We got 12 rides in today and didn't queue for more than 20 mins for any of them and left at 2PM. The key to a successful day is get in as it opens and get to the park for 8:45 and get to the front of the queue.

Well, this is a bit difficult, everyone giving different advice... :P

Being a Bank Holiday, be prepared for it to be busy, of course. Today, both Chessington and Legoland were at capacity, and although Thorpe have been having troubles with attendances and lower attendances than expected, I expect they were very full today as well. Don't be surprised if the park does reach capacity tomorrow if I'm honest.

Make sure that you and everyone you're going with has their tickets before arriving (being a regular at Alton, I assume you've got an Annual Pass, but if you're going with anyone who doesn't have one, it's best to make sure they've printed their ticket at home) and you arrive a good 10-20 minutes early, so you've got your choice of rides.

As for what to do first, I don't think it matter too much. I find Colossus tends to get very long queues for most of the day regardless of how busy it is, so that's one option. You could then do Saw and Samurai quickly afterwards, then choose between heading to Nemesis Inferno (or Loggers, then Inferno, if you want), then do the likes of Stealth and Detonator. Then brave a queue for Swarm (it WILL have a queue, unfortunately). As Sidders said, have lunch later, between 2-3pm, as lunchtime queues are a bit shorter. Hit the water rides after lunch, as they're the most 'relaxing' things on park at the moment, then you can stay in the Lost City area and get X:\ No Way Out, Rush, Vortex, etc. sorted. Then there's smaller rides which you may want to do, as well as rerides.

Your other option would be to RUN LIKE MAD to Swarm and hopefully have a very short queue. You could then work your way to Stealth and Nemesis Inferno, which will have short queues, and basically go in the opposite direction to above, head to Saw and Colossus, lunch, water rides and the flat rides.

Let us know how you get on though, whatever you do! :)