TPM Towers Mini Meet - 17/01/13

Marc

Sarah, Ian, Ricky, Mr Fish, Stretchy, KingNemesis, Liam and my self popped upto Towers yesterday for a febuary half term mini meet and thought id post abit of a trip report.

Me, Ian Sarah and Ricky headed up the night before and stayed in a scary looking travelodge in Burton, after overshooting the travelodge and Homer trying to take us to a gravel pit, we eventually made it to the room, we moved it around abit so we could charge phones from bed and what not!

Headed to Derby early the next morning to get Liam and then straight to towers (via McDonalds of course) eventually got there around 11ish after tomtom trying to take us up some dirt tracks and all sorts of weird places!

Headed over to Nemesis and met with Mr Fish, Stretchy and KingNemesis.

Went for a ride on Nemesis back row, which was as good as ever and then over to Air. It shutdown for a while but nothing major and it was back up and running within 15 mins, air was also pretty good but cold!

After this is all goes into a bit of a blur, went on Duel, had lunch in Mutiny Bay, the hotdog lady was pretty amusing and I'm guessing hard of hearing when I asked for coke and she shouted what and started pointing at ketchup! Did Hex and Ice Age (which had a pretty long wait!) This is where Strechy had to leave us! After this we headed back over to Nemesis for another ride. For our last ride we went over to spinball which had shut-down but it was fixed just after 4 and they left it open a while after closing time to make up for it which was pretty good of them :)

After this Sarah, Ian, Ricky and me had a quick look around the hotel where Liam was amazed and went into uttoxeter for a meal which was pretty nice and then of course the fun long drive down the M1 (via derby) home!

Ride count:

Nemesis: 2

Air: 1

Hex: 1

Duel: 1

Spinball: 1

Ice age: 1

Group shot:

557929_256247291176655_1646684974_n.jpg

Had a great day, was great to see some new faces and good to catch up with some ive met before! Hope to see you all again soon!

Joss and I have done trip reports for the above mini meet without realising that you guys did trip reports. So rather than cut and paste them here I hope you dont mind if I just link to them.

http://towersnerd.com/community/index.php?/topic/1927-half-term-antics-february-17th-2013/#entry34866

By the way. If you notice in the group shot, Both Joss and myself have been Marmalised.