I was expecting the eyes or something to fall off due to the forces, and it turns out it's an advert for how intense it is or something. But no, it is literally a video of a leek riding a rollercoaster.

After retheming their rapids last year, and announcing a Paw Patrol area for this Spring, Movie Park have also announced they're updating their boat dark ride Bermuda Triangle for the summer! 

https://www.movieparkgermany.de/presse/freut-euch-in-der-kommenden-saison-auf-noch-mehr-action-und-entertainment?fbclid=IwAR3WMh1Lf3vmhTuxGoxz3NjwZJ0cB8ahtJ39ywvCFIVMrJ7zrOiUY_q1UIs

Bermuda Triangle is a really weird / WTF ride, but really damn fun. It is showing it's age and there were some rumours they were considering removing it. Instead, it will be rethemed to a 1950s style Area 51 story, called Area 51 - Top Secret.

Pretty great to see the park continually invest!

Makes me very happy that they are keeping the ride and retheming it to something similar yet appropriate. 

Presume the Paw Patrol area is replacing one of the older kids areas?

The Bermuda Triangle retheme, Area 51, has soft opened this week..

Bermuda Triangle achieved an almost cult-level following in many ways, but was very much getting on and needed a lot of TLC, which this retheme now brings. Given that before this happened there were a lot of rumours going round that this was for the chopping block, it's very nice to see it get the deserved attention.

Visited here last week, primarily for their Halloween event (which I've covered here), but a couple of words of Area 51 and Excalibur.

Both of these are fantastic rethemes of their rides. They don't try and reinvent the wheel or go crazy; they've just spruced up what was there and added extras to make it a whole experience.

Excalibur has awesome extra effects which are unusual for a rapids ride, and really makes it feel like a complete experience. I have one niggle - when the ride re-enters the building, there's still no attempt at hiding the building, which really stands out compared to the rest of the ride. A bit disappointing.

Area 51 has just fixed up and modernised the old Bermuda Triangle sets and given it a new lease of life. For those who have ridden it in the past, don't worry: it's still as wacky as ever. And those who haven't, if you ever get the chance to ride it, you'll end up understanding why it's reached a cult status of praise. Annoyingly, the park has put in a pre show in the queue. It's themed very well, but effectively acts as a list of restrictions for the ride. Fortunately they don't bother with it when the ride is very quiet, but the need for it at all is questionable.

So yeah, the park have done a fantastic job with these rethemes. Their new Paw Patrol area is decent for what it is too. Along with Star Trek in 2017 (which, admittedly, I'm not that big a fan of, but appreciate people enjoy), the park have had some absolute winners of investments lately. Hopefully they can keep it up!