Ticket Prices

Marc

Charging £40 for entry on the day is a joke, anyone know the reason why it's so expensive?

THORPE PARK have raised on-the-day ticket prices for FN's because they can! People turning up on the day would rather pay £40 than go back home with no day out. I agree that it's a joke, but let's face it, how many people actually pay the full on-the-day price?You can get '2 for 1' vouchers online for free, and it's not exactly hard to pick up a deal somewhere, so there's no reason why anyone should have to pay the full price to get in to the park. I would guess that most adults manage to get into the park by paying between £15 and £30, resulting in very few people paying the full on the day price. Maybe 'Thorpey' (works in TP Admissions) , could provide us with some information as to how many people actually pay full price on entry.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked on here Thorpe Park Ticket Booking System and it appears the 2010 season doesn't start until the 20th March....isn't that a week later than the usual main season at Thorpe? (I have a feeling that's pretty much the date for Alton every season and maybe Chessington too). Also on there, it looked like it shut on 31st October. But on Paul's link above, it shows 5pm closes planned for November and from that it looks like Thorpe Blast is dead.That's STUPID. I'm guessing they cancelled it because they had to spend revenue on a mega big display of fireworks x 3 nights and they don't want to spend their profits, just make more. Doing a sort of Adrenaline Week (Alton Towersy idea) is nice but Thorpe Blast isn't just good stuff, it's GREAT! It makes the season go out with a bang (literally) and turns a last, cold week into a fun with the audio changes and fireworks at the end of the week. Even if they don't have it for Fri, Sat, Sun as they did last year, can't they have it on the LAST day?That's a case of me honestly thinking Merlin have taken their eye off the ball and got profits and guest satisfaction blurred together. I totally understand they're a business, but hey - they still have a massive focus on 'making a difference' and having fantastic 'location branded entertainment' and a sad, lonely, 5pm closing week to a season ain't too fantastic in my view.

I looked on here Thorpe Park Ticket Booking System and it appears the 2010 season doesn't start until the 20th March....isn't that a week later than the usual main season at Thorpe? (I have a feeling that's pretty much the date for Alton every season and maybe Chessington too). Also on there, it looked like it shut on 31st October. But on Paul's link above, it shows 5pm closes planned for November and from that it looks like Thorpe Blast is dead.That's STUPID. I'm guessing they cancelled it because they had to spend revenue on a mega big display of fireworks x 3 nights and they don't want to spend their profits, just make more. Doing a sort of Adrenaline Week (Alton Towersy idea) is nice but Thorpe Blast isn't just good stuff, it's GREAT! It makes the season go out with a bang (literally) and turns a last, cold week into a fun with the audio changes and fireworks at the end of the week. Even if they don't have it for Fri, Sat, Sun as they did last year, can't they have it on the LAST day?That's a case of me honestly thinking Merlin have taken their eye off the ball and got profits and guest satisfaction blurred together. I totally understand they're a business, but hey - they still have a massive focus on 'making a difference' and having fantastic 'location branded entertainment' and a sad, lonely, 5pm closing week to a season ain't too fantastic in my view.

It's not necessarily true that it closes on the 31st October. The current system will only let you book up until the 20th October, meaning Thorpe are yet to decide upon a final close date. Of course November 2010 isn't on the drop down menu, but the source code for the calender probably doesn't allow 2 Novembers, regardless of one being for the following year. What I do think is that as we move into December, then November 2010 will appear on the drop down menu.Indeed I could be wrong, and this is merely my thinking. All I will say is, don't assume that Thorpe Blast won't be back and that the park closes on the 31st :)Aaron :)

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to put this but anyway, I stumbled accross this

Restrictions apply to Standard Merlin Annual Pass including, but not being limited to,:12.1 NO entry into Madame Tussauds (London), The London Eye, SEA LIFE London Aquarium and London Dungeon during the whole of August;12.2 NO entry into Thorpe Park on Fright Night dates;12.3 NO entry to the London Eye on 14 February, 30 October and 31 October; and12.4 NO entry to the London Dungeon on 30 October and 31 OctoberThese restrictions do not apply to the Premium Merlin Annual Pass.

http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/faq/annual_pass_terms_conditions.asp?css=1

No it's for next year, when they are releasing 2 types of Merlin Annual Pass :) I loved having a sort of unlimited ticket to loads of Attractions and ugh, it's just so annoying. Till now I've sort of understood a lot of Merlin's Money grabbing things, but this is just... I can't even explain!

I agree, why can't they just stick with 1 pass?! It was bad enough with the pre-booking at Thorpe this year, but not even entry next year?! This premium pass better be under £150.