Which past or present Thorpe Park flat ride is your favourite?

Matt N

Which past or present Thorpe Park flat ride is your favourite?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which past or present Thorpe Park flat ride is your favourite?

• Samurai
    • Quantum
    • Zodiac
    • Vortex
    • Detonator
    • Rush
    • Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride
    • Dobble Tea Party
    • King Pig’s Wild Hog Dodgems
    • High Striker
    • Slammer
    • Rocky Express
    • Eclipse
    • Other

Hi guys. Thorpe Park may have arguably one of the UK’s most well-known and well-liked selections of thrill coasters, but another aspect of the park that is commonly revered is its lineup of flat rides. Thorpe’s flat ride lineup is arguably one of the most expansive and varied in the UK, or dare I say the world, with quite a plethora of thrilling flat rides on offer. There have also been some intriguing past residents within Thorpe Park’s flat ride lineup. With this in mind, I’d be interested to know; which past or present Thorpe Park flat ride is your favourite?

Personally, I’m not the biggest lover of flat rides overall, and I’ve only actually done 3 of Thorpe Park’s flat rides, but I am a big fan of drop towers, so of the ones I’ve done, I would personally vote for Detonator. I love a good drop tower, and Detonator is a great one; for a smaller drop tower, the drop is so punchy!

I do have to say, however, that I also really enjoy Rush and would place that firmly in a close second. It’s not too nauseating, and I love the speed and sustained floater airtime it provides!

The only other Thorpe flat ride I’ve ridden is Samurai. I found it OK, and surprisingly not too bad nausea-wise given the reputation of Mondial Top Scans as intense flat rides, but it’s not one of my favourites, and definitely a peg below the other two for me.

But I’d be keen to know; which past or present Thorpe Park flat ride is your favourite?

P.S. I included every Thorpe flat ride, past and present, listed on Wikipedia within the poll, but if I missed your favourite, there is also an “Other” option you can vote for.