Which Thorpe Park coaster (or group of coasters) is best to start the day on, in your view?

Matt N

Hi guys. I'm sure that many members on here are seasoned visitors to Thorpe Park, and I wouldn't be surprised if some members have "gameplans", if you will, of how to best tackle the park. With this in mind, I'd be interested to know; in your view, which Thorpe Park coaster or group of coasters is best to start the day on?

I only ask because I'm headed back to the park next month for my third solo day there, and I'm wondering whether to stick to my usual strategy or divvy it up. On my previous two visits, I've always found Stealth/Inferno to be a good duo to start on, as I've found that you can take a ride on both of those two as well as Detonator early on with a minimal or walk-on queue, which gets a fair few rides in early. However, I've wondered whether Saw/Colossus might be a better duo to start on, as both rides can sometimes amass long queues later on in the day.

What do you guys think? Which Thorpe Park coaster or group of coasters do you find to be best to start the day on?

I always hit saw and Colossus straight away then head to stealth after I’ve done those two. Colossus has always been a tricky one for me to get on if I don’t go on it straight away due to its abysmal capacity and inability to stay operating for more than about an hour at once 😂

I usually also leave inferno and swarm till the end of the day as by after 4 it seems both of them usually have very short queues.

Yup, Saw and/or Colossus as first ride of the day is always a good shout - they're both probably by far the coasters that get consistently large queues right from opening til' close, so makes sense to do them first imo. Stealth tends to maintain steady fairly low queues throughout the day from my own personal experience (depending on how the operations are on any given day) so doesn't really warrant to be your first ride of the day (unless you need that acceleration to wake you up!)

Avoid The Swarm like the plague first thing - much like Wicker Man at Towers, people tend to flock to The Swarm for the first ride of the day so your time is better spent elsewhere rather than waiting in a queue when Saw/Colossus could be a walk-on at rope drop!

If it fits your plans, leave the more popular rides until lunch time, and split your refreshments into two breaks, if you must eat.

Stealth today had consistent queues of over one hour. Likewise Nemesis Inferno.

There is apparently an app. to access on the phone giving q times, but don't ask this dinosaur for more details on that.

If you are visiting on your own, try to let the staff know, it can help. Enjoy your day.

As Tactic suggests, and especially if there are plenty of coach loads, leave some of your favourites until after 4p.m..

• 2 weeks later...

Weird how everyone seems to have their own gameplan!

I don’t really have a running order as such, but a few things I generally follow…

- usually try to do Inferno first, as it’s always quiet I’m the morning (and usually open)

- Always leave Swarm until the afternoon.

- Leave the flats until I’ve done at least a couple of coasters, because queues are never as long.

It’ll be interesting to see how Exodus changes everyone’s running order - I imagine Inferno, Stealth and Swarm will be dead in the mornings from next year, and Exodus / Saw / Colossus will be packed.