Colossus

Adam J

I saw a few comments asking why Thorpe are bothering when no one likes Colossus.

I like Colossus and bringing it up to standard is only a good thing. Interesting how the money flows on nearby rollercoasters when a new investment is about to happen. It happened to Oblivion, it happened to Dragons Fury and now Colossus.

If only this kind of care was more consistent and frequent. 

• 4 weeks later...

They’ve said they’re not repainting sections that are being retracked. I believe that includes the vertical loop. They might not get everything re-painted that is *not* being retracked as they said there’s a short time window to get it done, so anything not painted won’t necessarily be getting replaced. Hopefully they’ll manage to get it all done though!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Benin said:

It's somewhat frustrating that a lot of the good work done by these projects end up being primary colour painting over everything.

The additions are nice, but why is the entire structure yellow?

Agreed.

Looking at some of the stuff they've done at Stealth, it shows they are the ability and wherewithal to do detailing. But even then, they've gone for a lot of blocked primary colours there too.

The brightness and freshness is great, but it would be even better if they just added that extra bit of depth to it.

From what we've seen of the Colossus shop, the new paint job looks brighter, and has a bit of detailing with the celestial extras. But it's just doesn't have that interesting depth that the old version had. It just seems a bit Legoland-y.