Computers

Marc

I already explained in great deal what Google Chrome does that no other browser atm does. Each tab has its own process, despite what you think, that does not exist on any other browser in existence, other than Google Chrome. Secondly, Javascript runs insanely fast, 20x faster than Safari, the previous fastest browser out there. It's so fast because they've made JavaScript a virtual machine, and in a sense actually compiles the code, which makes it blazing fast. No other browser does this. Thirdly, each tab is 'sandboxed', meaning it has no affect on any other tab in the window, or your system, meaning the site has no access to read cookies unless that site specifically put them there, stopping the age old problem of session hijacking. Fourthly Chrome manages your systems memory in an incredibly efficient way. I'm not smart enough to explain this one, but basically with every other browser, even with Safari on the Mac, the more tabs and windows you open, the more memory you use, of-course, simple enough. Problem is when you have loads of tabs, you're using a lot of memory, so you close the tabs, so your ram usage for that application has lowered, right? Wrong. You're still using a lot of ram, as fragments get left behind, and the application doesn't shrink as far as it could. Google Chrome has solved this. That's just four things that it does that no other browser does, but there are some more. Look it all up, MacBoy :D

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There shouldn't be any lag WITH THE CAPS LOCK KEY. Like I just demonstrated there. Ensure you're actually pressing the key, as the new keyboards have a feature to prevent you from accidentally striking it mid typing. And Marc, we don't want your freakin' stinking PC so SHUT THE HELL UP. See my caps works fine.

There shouldn't be any lag WITH THE CAPS LOCK KEY. Like I just demonstrated there. Ensure you're actually pressing the key, as the new keyboards have a feature to prevent you from accidentally striking it mid typing. And Marc, we don't want your freakin' stinking PC so SHUT THE HELL UP. See my caps works fine.

Yeah, I don't really have a habit of having to *stab* the key. It really would be dandy if I could turn that function off.

Just as expected, today Apple released updated iPods! New iPod Nano Chromatic. Widescreen, and has a really cute feature "shake to shuffle", you just shake it and it plays a completly random song from your collection.Posted ImageThe iPod touch got thinner, bigger space, volume controls and a built in speaker.iTunes got a pretty big update, with something called Genius, it goes through all your music, and then finds songs you may like based on what you already have, so its a recommendation engine. It can also make playlists based off one song, which are similiar. Been trying it out and it's working pretty well.Take a look! http://www.apple.com

iTunes got a pretty big update, with something called Genius, it goes through all your music, and then finds songs you may like based on what you already have, so its a recommendation engine. It can also make playlists based off one song, which are similiar. Been trying it out and it's working pretty well.Take a look! http://www.apple.com

Genius is Awesome!I'm not a very musical person (as my friends would tell you), and I listened to the 'Recommendations' and I LOVED them, tbh I dc about Music that much really, but wowness, there are so many good songs I never knew exsisted :PSorry! (Music virgin :angry:)

I have to admit the new iPod do not impress me in the slightest, it's only Apple getting with the times. The new supposed shake control and inbuilt speaker really are pointless tbh. If I want to play music out loud, I would buy speakers, and if I wanted to shake to change/shuffle my songs, I could do that with my current phone. These ideas they are coming out with in this supposed keynote are superflous and really rather pointless. Surely if your going to bother with revamping your lines, your first point of call is how the hell can I make this product even more desirable than it already is, and if any what new ideas can I implement that have never been used before? (E.G a proper smartphone crossed with MP3 player that is versitile) All I am seeing from this is not much change except size change, and quite frankly the new nano looks like a design step too far.Don't get me wrong at all, I love my Mac, because it works exactly how I want it to, and if I really want to knock it through it's paces, the power increases, and nothing else is affected, at all. It's exactly what a computer should do. All I am seeing from Apple now is them whoring their brand out now, and it's affected my view of Apple; they seem to have just whored out their brand and not given two s**ts about it, just changed the shape and size, and added a few superflous features such as shaking or speakers. Really not impressed!Tl;dr: Do not like new ideas from Apple atm, they have just whored out their brand with their new range of Nanos.

It's nice to have a speaker there if you need it, Steve said himself it's casual listening. Apart from other cute features and slight improvements, what else CAN you do with the iPod? End of the day it's there to play music and video, and now they're branching out into games. There is only so much you can do with it, and the improvments announced yesterday make the experience just that little bit better.As for how Genius is going, it's working great, recommending some really great tracks, and MGMT albums I didn't even know existed. It's like Pandora, love it.