Orlando Trip

(First off I would like to apologise in case this is in the wrong section of the forums)On July 1st, my family and I are making the trip across the pond to Orlando, Florida.The parks that we are going to are:Disney's Magic Kingdom,EPCOT,Disney's Hollywood Studios,Disney's Animal Kingdom,Typhoon Lagoon,Blizzard Beach,Disney Quest,Universal Studios,Islands Of Adventure,Sea World,Aquatica,Busch Gardens.I just wanted to know if anyone had any good tips that I could follow, or anything to do with the parks that can help. I'm new to Aquatica and never really been around Sea World all to often. Plus, there is one of us in the party of 5 that has never been before (My brother's girlfriend), so wondering what would be best to do to ease her into the American style of things. Once I've gone, abd returned, I'll let you all know how things went and maybe even post some pictures ! Thanks, Welsh

I have a good few tips, but it depends what you want. To experience the wonder that is everything in Orlando, or to also have a relax :) ?Basically, if you can get to the parks for opening, Americans struggle to get out of bed before 11.30 :)Also, check all opening times before you go, if you time it right, you could do at least 2 parks in a day. For example Magic Kingdom is open till midnight some days.It depends on your preference and personal opinion but really Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollwood studios are half a day max.I have absolutely hundreds of tips for Orlando so when I have a bit more time, I'll come back on here and share them with you :)It is also depends on what kind of tips you want, just for the park in general or rides and everything :) , Just realised just how much I love and miss Orlando...

I'm doing something similar, I'm going on the 14/15th July, and I'll probably have about 10-15 days in Florida beacause for the rest of the holiday however long that be I'll be going to the Carribean. It's my first time in the US and I want to visit as many parks in the said time as possible. How long are the queues likely to be and what parks should be a priority over others. I'll be having basically the same list as Welsh Boy, but also I don't need to go to any water parks. Theme Parks are my priority, thanks!

With the parks constantly changing and adding new attractions, it can be a stretch to get everything you want done within the space of two weeks. I went last year in a big family group. Never will I go in a big group again because there are just too many arguments and it's impossible to do everything that everyone wants to do. In the end we ended up splitting up and doing different things each day. It's very important to make an itinary, plan what parks you want to do on which days, that way you can plan in the odd rest day. Obviously you know this Welsh as you've been three times before. Obviously you've got the Universal Parks and Busch Gardens for your major thrill rides. Then you've got the Disney Parks where you can't really go wrong because there's something for everyone.You said you wanted to ease your brother's girlfriend in to the parks. Well Magic Kingdom would be a fantastic place to start, nothing exceptionally thrilling there, just lots of fun. In fact Magic Kingdom is a great way to kick off the entire holiday, couldn't think of any other way to do it. The view you get whilst walking down mainstreet... you know you're in for a special holiday. It sounds pathetic but I actually teared up last year, it was that overwhelming, and I've been before!The Disney and Sea World parks are obviously much more varied than some of the other parks because there is more to do than just rides. In fact Sea World, Animal Kingdom and Epcot only have 3 major rides, yet you can easily fill a day there. I could personally spend two days just exploring the World Showcase at Epcot, it's just simply wonderful, plenty of shows, entertainment, restaurants and little surprises just begging to be explored. Love it. Staff are great at Epcot too.If I had to choose I would pick one of the Disney waterparks (Blizard Beach is lush) and skip Aquatica for another day at a park or simply just lounging about wherever you're staying. It's good to just lounge about for an odd day.Okay I will stop talking now, I could actually go on rambling about Orlando for pages and pages but don't want to bore anyone. If you wanna chat more Welsh then just drop me a message :)

^Wow :) Thanks a lot for that. My mum and dad have designated me the job of planning out the itinary and trying to space things out :) So, the plans for the parks was a great help. Magic Kingdom is in the number one slot. What we've decided to do for now, is when it comes to say Islands Of Adventure or Busch Gardens, we are all going to go on the major rides I.e The Incredible Hulk, Dragon Challenge, Sheikra etc, and hit them at the start but as a group. So the that way we have all done the major ones we want to do then, we are going to split up. Is this a good idea? Anymore tips or hints about the parks or even the restaurant would be helpful, or even place to spot Hidden Mickeys and great places to take photos, as I intend to take as many pictures as I can on this holiday, as it is my last major holiday with family.Thank you :)

Haha Welsh there are tons of hidden Mickey's about apparently, yet I've never actually spotted them. I'm usuakky so overwhelmed with all the special effects and scenery the Disney attractions have, I don't get a chance to look closely for hidden Mickeys. Islands of Adventure though is awesome for little hidden gems. Such as people talking in shop windows, references to other areas of the park and attractions, symbols all over Port of Entry. Seriously it's fantastic. IOA has Google Street View so if you want to go and explore for yourself then I'd highly reccomend it. I spent hours last night just looking at it. It's just spectacular.I'd reccomend any of the Epcot World Showcase restaurants, just pick a culture and experience their food. Mmmmm. You've got Mythos at Islands of Adventure, and I imagine the Three Broomsticks (Wizarding World) will be stunning when it opens in May.So much to choose from!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't really answer that, but my number one tip for Animal Kingdom is to use the fastpass machines just inside the entrance. As soon as you go in, grab a fastpass for Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids from that one location. Saves so much time walking over to the attractions to get fastpasses and guarantees you 3 fast goes on the biggest attractions there.Spend the rest of the day looking at the monkeys! ^_^