Alton Towers Trip Plans

3 Days is a perfect amount if you ask me. You'll need at least 2 full days in the park to be able to get everything done properly, and then you can use the third day for Cariba Creek (the water park) which is also great fun and a must do.Both resort hotels are good, but in terms of theming and general atmosphere I would say that Splash Landings has the edge. Saying that, the Alton Tower's hotel is just as nice. :)

If you want to do and see everything, and it's your first time 3 days is definitely not too much. I've been going for years and I could still easily go for 3 days, or more so it's certainly not to much. Both of the on-resort hotels are amazing, but there is a huge number of B&B's available outside of the park for cheaper. Have a great trip :) , the park during October is spectacular :D

Don't forget though, if you're going during the Scarefest period, you won't be entitled to any discount at either hotels. So yes, Travelodge my be your best option. £156 for four nights is a great offer. Do it! :DMoved to Planned Trips and Reports sub forum. :)

To be honest, £500 for 4 nights at Alton Towers is actually pretty cheap by their standards - that's £125 a night for a room. However, it's still a lot based on 2 people.I hate Travelodge Uttox - it's about the scummiest, most horridly dated Travelodge I have yet seen. The Premier Inn down the road is usually slightly more pricey, but it's a LOT newer and better.:)

I would be willing to pay the extra to go to one of the resort hotels personally. (Seeing as my visits to the towers average on one per 5 years). An Alton Towers trip for me wouldn't be complete without a stay in one of the hotels, and as Dan pointed out in the previous post, it works out to £125 prpn, which these days is about the normal rate for a good hotel. I'd say it depends on the experience you want to get, and how often you visit. If you're kids at heart like myself, you won't want to miss the great experience of staying in either Splash Landings or the Alton Towers hotel. Also as someone mentioned above, you will get 20% discount on your package price with your merlin pass.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So yeah, 3rd post, I think. First topic. Woot for newbs! :D Anyway, I just wanted to ask for some help. But first, a long winded story, because of course if there's one thing we all like it's a good backstory ;) My headmaster is a roller-coaster enthusiast. Pretty cool in itself, but since his son goes to his school, that means his son has gone to all these (U.K!) parks that I had never even heard of. Drayton Manor, Oakwood and some others which I can't remember. The important thing is that he loves rollercoasters, even talking about them in assemblies on occasions (there was one great one where he turned Nemesis Inferno into a metaphor for Jesus, but that's for another time!). To cut the long story short, his son and I got into this mahoosive talk about Alton towers, and I decided to go in the summer holidays. A long way away for Londoner, so I'm staying the night with two mates and my dad.Any tips? How big is it? We are thrill seekers mainly, but are up for the odd Hex or Spinball. Suggestions for getting the most out of our time?

Merged with existing Alton Towers Trip Plans topic. ;)Hi! Your Headmaster sounds like a right legend!Alton Towers is massive, so make sure you take advantage of the Sky Ride. Are you staying onsite at Alton Towers? If you are, you get an hour of Extra Ride Time between 9 and 10am before the park opens. That way you can take advantage of riding Spinball and Oblivion before the majority of the public.There are a selection of rides available for ERT, they can be found on the website. There is so set way to enjoy the park, though I would personally do Sonic Spinball, Oblivion and then head over to Nemesis during early ride team, so you're ready to ride Air for park opening. Then you can work your way back around the park at a more leisurely pace.Like you said, make sure you take advantage of rides like Hex and other family attractions. Alton has a large variety of rides and attractions and to miss out on them would be to miss out on the overall experience of the Towers. For instance, I love Sharkbait Reef, the park's Sea- Life centre, Congo River Rapids, Thirteen and the Mutiny Bay attractions, just off of the top of my head.If you are staying onsite, I love Marg's at Splash Landings. The Hotel's bar. It really is a tradition every time I visit now, to visit the place and just relax for a while.... or get very drunk indeed. :DOf course, I've just skimmed the surface on things to do and tips. If you have anything in particular you want asking then just ask away. I hope you enjoy your trip! ;)