London Winter Meet 03/12/2011

Hi everyone.Basically a very quick post to extend an invitation to a meet that members over various forums have each year. Every year we abuse the London Merlin attractions and then have a meal in the evening somewhere. You do not have to attend each attraction, but it's tradition that the group stays together and is usually the best meet of the year.It is being organised via Facebook. HERE.If you can't view that, then add me on Facebook, and I'll invite you.You're more than welcome to book a room at a Travelodge for the evening, a few of us already are. This is to be confirmed as to where- a couple of locations are going around at the moment such as Leatherhead and T5. All info is on the Facebook page anyway. Any questions please ask either on here or the facebook page, I shall answer anything I can when I return later!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I will say this here politely rather than on the FB page...I would prefer it if we didn't do Sealife :) It takes quite a while to do and it's quite repetitive, but of course, the nice thing about these trips is that we stay together, so we couldnt split up.I'm just thinking about what time we'd get to Leatherhead Travelodge for, we want to get there early enough for fun drinkeh times :oAnd the Benjinator will be waiting for us :PPrevious years we seem to have eaten by 9pm, which is too late really...although I remember last year spending a ridiculous amount of time waiting for slow stragglers outsde Madame Tussauds, and then deciidng where to eat...grr! We need less faff and more movement this time!Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the meet :D

Ooooooh it's tomorrow!Don't think I've ever been this excited for the Winter Meet before! :D I love London at Christmas time all lit up etc :P Gaaah Spirit of London Taxi Ride <3 Infact I actually enjoy all of Madame Tussauds *awaits mocking* Everytime I go I regret not taking more photos but I feel silly if I do, and no one else ever seems bohered :) I just like the atmosphere there and when they decorate it all Christmassy, n'aww!And Winter Wonderland! :')And then after all that excitement, we eat at Frankie & Bennys ^_^And then to top it all off, fun and crazy hotel times!*Bounces off the walls with excitement*

Wow, so Saturday was amazeballs!Met Sheepie and Jay at Waterloo then met with Ian and Sarah. As usual it was awesome to see Ian and Sheepie again, and awesome to meet Jay and Sarah :)Nommed in McDonalds which was rather amusing, it was absolutely packed and we had to sit at a table with all these other random people, awk! Soggeh chips!Went to the Dungeons which as always was good fun, I like how they condensed the Jack The Ripper scene, it so needed to be done! Vengeance was pretty random and a bit of a laugh, as was Extremis! Omg and the part where you wait to go into the court room and that head is supposed to talk to you, well nothing happened. As Ian was saying, someone must have forgotten to press the start button! I remember this happening at last years meet, although eventually it did start. Not this time though lol!Next up was Madame Tussauds :D Had a bit of a kerfuffle with some of us having alcohol in our bags, eep! How awkward, the scary security bloke lining up the bottles of drink at the front of the queue!We soon got intside though, in the lift, aahh I love it! And it was all Christmassy, n'awww. Had a brilliant time, it was such a laugh! Like me wanting to get my photos taken and people getting in the way, me just stood awkwardly shooing them off with hand gestures (making sure they didn't see me of course), walking past the little map things and me and Sheepie pointing out how much nearer we're getting to the taxi ride! Aaah! The taxi ride itself was priceless, we were so excited and laughing the whole way round :) I'm laughing to myself now as I'm typing! Love it. Omg the creepy fireman in the Great Fire of London scene haha! The photo was hilarious, and us clapping to the music in the final scene! Shame I didn't buy the photo. I didn't think I'd have enough money, if I'd known the plan for eating was to change I probably could have bought it. Ah wells, we had an awesome time and also bumped into someone who I used to work with at Thorpe and Chessie (Michael Welsh, if anyone here knows him), he now works at Tussauds!Got back to Leatherface (lol), to Travelodge, met up with Ben, who is just awesome and lovely :P And he got me a Back To The Future jacket! How amazing is that? :DHad pizza for noms, and drinky times started! Good laugh, I've forgotten some of towards the end though, like when we were playing truth or dare. Apparently I fell asleep or looked like I was asleep? Haha, well I didn't get any sleep at all the night before so I'm not surprised! But I remember most of it and it was such a laugh, Sheepie was funneh!Ham sandwich. Ooh er. Not sure I can look at one the same way now! LOL anyway...So all in all a lovely time with such lovely people! I will upload the photos (which were all from Madame Tussauds) onto Facebook soon! I guess this is it until next year with THE SWARM! Aww I hate things coming to an end and knowing I probably won't see you guys again for months. I really didn't want to go home today! :'( Soppeh Merkeh!Hmm New years Eve at T5 anyone? You know you want to! The Travelodge bears are waiting for us!

Yes Mer! :D Really awesome to meet you too, and of course Ben, Sheepie and Jay! You guys were all so lovely, really made the trip worth it! And I got to see Ian again, so really an epic win for me.Despite the fact that my knee so kindly decided to give out, I had a really great time! I actually really liked Sealife, but then I find aquariums really calm and tranquil and generally do enjoy them. Having been to dungeons last year, I must say the Jack the Ripper scene was much better, much more graphic too! The one thing that did throw me is that it's no longer in chronological order, we were literally bouncing around through the centuries. Found it too funny when Ian and I got mega lost in the maze though. :PMadame Tussauds was much better than I expected (I had been told that it's really bad!) and must say, Sheepie and Mer are 100% correct - the taxi ride is AWESOME! Also, Robert Downey Jr as Sherlock Holmes. Nearly peed with excitement when I saw that :P I found myself rather disappointed that Stalin has been neglected from the World Leaders section, but then again, him being a hardline Communist, I highly doubt he'd want a wax work of himself standing in Britain.The hotel part didn't exactly go to plan, particularly for me and Ian, but I still had an amazing time nonetheless. Sorry for not joining you guys drinking, perhaps we can try again another time? I NEED to see Sheepie drunk again, one of the funniest things I've ever seen! And ham sandwich ... don't think I'll ever be able to eat one of them again. Must thank Jay for that!Overall it was a really good weekend and I got to meet some lovely people. Thank you so much guys! :D Hopefully the meet for THE SWARM will be just as good :(

Aww shame Adam! But yes, Swarm meet will be upon us before we know it :PI wish I had taken photos in the evening! I know I'd had a few to drink but it's unlike me not to take drinky time photos :( My mind must have been preoccupied...Should have got some bum shots :lol:Sheepie with hair straighteners :P Omg!It was such a good night, although yes, it was a shame it didn't all go to plan. But I want to relive it again :D And the taxi ride!Someone build a time machine!