Unofficial PREMIERE SCREAMING Mini Meet

Yeah we were around the swarm area around 5:30 hobbling along due to some injuries :PJust this moment got in from Thorpe Park today as on way home had to go to the hospital for my mate's knee - so sorry If I wasn't as sociable as I would of liked today but I am extremely appreciative for all of your understanding and waiting for us to hobble along (whilst singing a song) as I can imagine it could of got pretty annoying moving at snail pace.However great regarding that extra ride time for some of ya :P

Right, a trip report!

Well, I have never been this excited for a new ride since Stealth, to the point where I over excited the night before and have trouble sleeping! I didn't sleep until 2am before going to Thorpe to ride Stealth, but last night I couldn't sleep until 4am! As a consequence, I overslept. Funnily enough I woke up at 8:03 which is the exact time my train to Clapham departed!

I got to the park at about 11:15 and met up with Maxy, Luke and Ross, and waited for Sheepie and Peaj (went for a walk and went on Depth Charge in the process!), and headed straight to Swarm island once they arrived.The area is just amazing. At first you have the blown up, smoking fire engine by Depth Charge, which is awesome. But entering the actual Swarm island itself; WOW! I was actually lost for words! You can look at the pictures and videos but they are nothing compared to actually being there. As we were nearing the bridge and had the plane wing and drop in front of us, the train was nearing the top of the lift hill and I couldn't resist running over to watch :P When we walked under the Swarm sign and entered the island I was like :o Like I said, you'd think it wouldn't be much different from the pics and vids but it really is! I wasn't sure where to look at first but the plane wreckage really grabs your eye. We went and stood by the fence to admire it and then another train was dispatched, the view is great and a great spot to take pictures, although at the time I was too busy spectating to take any!

The actors I think are a great addition and it's a shame they won't be there all the time, they really do add to the atmosphere and it's great to see Thorpe put the effort in. One of them told us to go home, have a hot drink and browse the forums!

The rest of the area and theming is fantastic, love all the details, like the lights on the fire engine and that the sirens go off every now and then. The fire still isn't working but hopefully will be on soon!

So after much drooling and staring, we joined the queue. It was advertised at 70mins and was about that, if not, one hour. I am already thinking it is the best queue in the park, purely because it moves pretty fast and has the queueline TVs and theming to keep you entertained. The tower is probably my favourite part of the queue, although because it moves quite fast you don't get to spend a lot of time in there, but it is enough to get some photos, videos and to marvel the ride and theming. This is also an area where the Swarm sound plays quite loudly, every time the train goes past and into the inline twist. Love it, it made my spine tingle every time!

Next was the "worst" part of the queue. I use inverted commas because it's not awful, it's just cattlepen and you are on the other side of the station which means you can't view as much of the ride, but you still do have the queueline TVs and the overturned lorry theming, plus you can get good footage of the lift hill, and the station from the stairs by the tower.It really didn't feel like we had queued that long and we were back through the tower and at the bag room/first batching point. We started heading towards the bridge over the station to go to the left hand side, but then one of the female soldiers shouted at us pretty scarily to go to the right. I must admit, for a few seconds I forgot about the actors and genuinely felt scared because I thought we had really angered a staff member! This is a great example of how good an effect the actors can have!

So, the station. Let's get to the main point that has often been brought up: the lack of roof :P I didn't even think about it because it works well with the theme. You do feel like you are in a demolished/attacked church. Yes having a roof can have its positives on rides but giving the theme, it really does work. Plus it was raining today, so I can give the "What about the rain" opinion too. Well...the floor gets wet :P The trains were fine, it wasn't an issue at all and as I said, it adds to the theme. The only issue I found was puddles, particularly on the bridge that goes over to the left. Having just said that the lack of roof adds to the theme and that the rain didn't cause an issue, in very heavy rain I hope it doesn't get too deep with water, I'm assuming there are drains or whatever although I couldn't see any (but then again I didn't look out for any). But like I said, apart from that it doesn't affect it at all, just tread over the puddles and it's fine lol.

As soon as we entered the station was when I really got excited as we were moments away from finally getting on! It was very effiecent, no waiting around or confusing with where to go, well done to the staff!

By the time we were stood at the air gates I had the giggles from excitement...and some nerves about inverting on that drop! It is a strange feeling getting on the ride as the same level as the track but in a good way of course! We were on row 3 and I was on the inside, and (as I later discovered on my other rides) it doesn't make a difference whether you sit inside or outside when it comes to intensity etc, the only difference is that you can stretch your arms and legs out more. The seats are very comfy, as are the restraints. They're snug and you feel secure, but not uncomfortable. Infact, as I'm typing this I'm thinking "They're the opposite to Colossus' restraints/seats", where they hurt your legs yet you can still come off your seat during the inlines. Yes I know its good for airtime but I'm using it for the sake of the comparison.

Right, the ride experience! Going up that lift hill...! I don't know if anyone else thinks this: that it's quick, but also long to get to the top? I guess maybe because I'm only used to climbing to 100ft and not 127ft (apart from PMBO but in terms of what I go on regularly I'm only used to Thorpe's coasters), I dunno. But yeah, going up I was so excited, oh my word! I must have been grinning and laughing and talking a load of random crap like an idiot!

The drop is just...wow. When you finally get to the top of the lift hill and you see the view...argh! Can't really explain it, you just have to experience it. The actual drop itself is great, depending on where you sit obviously you either start off slowly or get dragged down if you are at the back. I can't decide yet whether I prefer being dragged under on the left or tipping over on the right, but I think I'm possibly preferring the right at the moment.The zero g, whoa! It really got my stomach on the first go!The inclined loop on the right hand side is nothing special tbh, but the turn by the helicopter is good fun, same for the corkscrew.The inline twist is pretty awesome, again better on the left and has the near miss too.

Overall the ride is brilliant fun and has some intense moments, felt more on the left hand side. On my first go I couldn't stop laughing, it's just so fun and awesome haha!

The photos have overlays now which look pretty awesome but they are still trying to get the timing right, our one was perfect but another was way out, had the top of their heads missing and mainly could see their legs!

Had a browse in the shop, loving all the merch and they have a lot of variety, I will go into more detail on that in the merchandise topic.

We ate at Burger King then went to Stealth, which was suffering from breakdowns all day from what I saw and I believe ran on one train for a while. The breakdowns we saw seemed to have something to do with the brake fins, one of them kept popping up and down randomly while the engineers were there so maybe they were doing something with it? Either way, the shutdowns didn't last too long, woo!

Good ride on Stealth, although it was raining but luckily not too heavily. I always end up laughing my head off after the airtime hill, still one of my favourite rides there.Luke had to go leave to get his train, we wondered around for a bit, avoiding Inferno due to it peeing rust on people. Went on XNWO to get out of the rain, it's a shame to see that the indoor queue has so much graffiti, clearly from last year at least. The ride has the rave music and the lights were off and there was lots of banter!

Went on Flying Fish, good laugh as usual, we got sent round about 5 times!

Then we went to Swarm and had two more goes, this time on the left 3rd row, outside seat then left back row, inside seat. As I said earlier the left is definitely more intense, back left - wow! As others have said, the most intense seat on the ride, you really get dragged down the drop and through the inversions! Especially the zero g, you really feel it! And that inline twist!

So, The Swarm: Bloody amazing and easily my favourite ride at Thorpe! Left vs right: left, although the right is currently my fave for the drop and the zero G: my stomach didn't go over on the zero G on the left.

Well done to Thorpe and B&M!So...overall, a great meet, thank you to and well done to Maxy for organising it! :P It was great to see people again and meet new faces, looking forward to seeing you people again soon!I will upload photos and videos tomorrow evening after work onto Facebook and link them here somewhere, either in this thread or the Swarm thread.Bring on Sunday 25th!!