Going On Saturday, I Have A Few Questions

Graw

Question

Hi all, I'm going on Saturday and wanted to know some stuff.

First off, any tips? I'm going early so thats sorted, but anything about eating etc would be helpful.

Second, how busy do you think it will be, like in queue times, and will I need fast track?

Also, will there be actors in the SAW queue, or is this rarely done?

And finally, wil Stealth be back up by then and what other rides will be closed?

Thanks for your help in advance.

12 answers to this question

Hey Graw! Before I start answering we have some top tips just here, check them out! http://new.thorpepar.../page/info_tips

Saturday may be quite busy as it has been in the past at weekends, although it does depend on the weather. If this bad weather continues into the weekend then expect it to be quieter than any normal Saturday. Judge for yourself on the day if you'll need fastrack or not, go around the park and hit as many rides as you can early on when the queues are short and you should get on a lot without the need for fastrack.

There rarely are actors in the Saw queue so I am 99% certain there will not be, especially as this is not a peak time for the park.

I'm not too certain on what the situation with Stealth is at the moment, perhaps a more in-the-know member will be able to update you on that. But check up on www.thorpepark.com before you leave in the morning and there should be a ticker on there which says which rides are unavailable.

Any more queries then feel free to ask, have a good day!

It depends what you find scary to be honest. Different elements of the rides scare different people. Saw is scary for the beyond vertical drop and the horror theme of the ride. People find Stealth scary because it's so high up and the launch is very fast. Other people find The Swarm scary because of the near miss elements and the exposure to the elements. Personally, I find Stealth the scariest but best purely because of the anticipation of the countdown before you launch! But it really does depend on what you find scary.

You should definitely try them all though as they're great thrilling experiences :)

You mentioned food. Like everything else it's personal choice depending what you're looking for but if you are there for riding not eating I recommend something quick rather than sitting around for ages in pizza hut buffet or the dome bar. My favourite is Relish and Roast by Swarm - quick, delicious and pretty good value.

I second Relish and Roast by Swarm... although I ended up hand feeding the ducks as they were so cute so I just ended up having turkey with no bagette ha ha !

As for whether Swarm, Stealth or Saw being scary - I don't think any are "scary" but Stealth is an amazing adrenaline rush for the speed and height element (its my favourite ride @ Thorpe Park... for the moment!) Swarm is quite smooth being a new coaster and Saw just batters you about - but the vertical climb and drop are amazing and the little surprise in the dark I love too ha ha ha !

Have a great day whatever x you'll love it :)

I'll go for Relish and Roast then, it wasn't there the last time I went as I haven't been since Swarm has been built. I'll definately go on SAW then, I'll just close my eyes. Stealth I have actually been on before but was trying to compare it to Swarm and SAW, sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

Thnaks for the help everyone :D

For SAW, it isn't scary at all. Nothing to make you jump other than the shotguns as Coaster Jamie mentioned. One thing I will say, is that when you enter the building and you here a cocking sound, run as fast as you can to the stairs if you don't want a loud bang near you to make you jump. I won't tell you where the shotguns are exactly though. Makes it more interesting.