New Fantastland Expansion

MarkC

Taken from http://disneyworld.disney.go.com

Deep in the depths of Magic Kingdom park lies a legendary world—New Fantasyland—that's been long hidden from our view. As story has it, this is a place where mermaids sing, beauties tell tales, beasts roar and elephants fly.

Soon, these legends will become reality—when the wonders of New Fantasyland are revealed. Discover how you can become a part of the adventure!

The New Fantasyland Expansion

New Fantasyland is opening in phases for the largest expansion in the history of Magic Kingdom park, offering more immersive enchantment and interactive experiences!

Upon completion, Fantasyland will nearly double in size—so you can look forward to extensive additions of fun for the entire family. The expansion provides more Disney characters and stories presented in rich detail in 2 new themed areas—Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus.

Enchanted Forest – Opening December 6, 2012!

Beginning in late 2012, you can meet some favorite Disney Characters in Enchanted Forest, where you'll be immersed in the popular Disney films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Here, you can venture through lush landscapes, discovering roaring waterfalls and royal castles along the way.

Enchanted Forest attractions and experiences include:

Enjoy all this—and so much more—beginning December 6, 2012.

Storybook Circus – Now Open

Step right up to the classic American circus! Inspired by the Disney animated feature Dumbo, Storybook Circus transports Guests to another era—a period in time when the colorful big-top tents attracted audiences from far and wide with astonishing stunts, majestic animals and spectacular entertainment.

Delight in the following Storybook Circus attractions:

• The Barnstormer: Take to the sky with The Great Goofini on spiraling stunt plane adventure high above the Storybook Circus grounds.
  • Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Soar high above Storybook Circus with Dumbo on a ride that puts a new twist on an old favorite—and offers twice the fun!
  • Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station: Adjacent to the Fantasyland Train Station and area restrooms is the Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station, a circus-themed water play area where Guests can enjoy cooling refreshment.
  • Fantasyland Station: Delight in the newest addition to Walt Disney World Railroad!

With multicolored circus tents, lively characters and other nods to Dumbo— Storybook Circus is designed to make you feel like you're a part of this cherished film.

Future Fun in New Fantasyland

Beyond 2012, you can look forward to more additions of fun in New Fantasyland, including:

• Princess Fairytale Hall: Scheduled to open in 2013, this elegant royal court is home to Disney princesses who are ready to meet their subjects
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Embark on an exhilarating journey inspired by the classic Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Been following this project for a while. Looks truly amazing and puts some other Disney themeing to shame! I hope they remove the disgusting 'Mickey's Toontown' in Disneyland Resort in California and replace it with improved Fantasyland! I'd day remove Casey Jr. and the Storybrook canal boats too but I doubt it would happen!

I was very lucky to be at the Magic Kingdom yesterday for new Fantasylands first dress rehearsal. I love the atmosphere around attractions when its their first time with paying guests. Staff are enthusiastic, guests are willing to queue however long to get a go. It's just magical.

And so the area. It's a stunning piece of work to look at it, the Beasts castle overlooking the entrance plaza, Gaston's statue in front of the pub, all the staff welcoming you with a bit of bonjour and Lafoues brew being Disneys answer to butterbeer. I prefer the brew, its like an apple slush puppie with cream on top.

Posted Image

The Little Mermaid, well to be honest with you I liked it a lot. It suffers from the same issues as Peter Pan and the Little Mermaid show at Hollywood Studios in that half the story gets blown away in favour of the songs. Thats essentially all that comes out of Magic Kingdoms ride but as the theme is so gorgeous and the queueline is beautiful to queue in, it would take someone who was ridiculously critical and cold to not enjoy the ride on some level.

Take it then the sheds were efficiently hidden from view then? ;)

I didn't see a shed (although someone posted a picture of some tiny bit of metal sticking out above the restaurant on a WDW website)

Let us not repeat the great Harry Potter and the great Journey of his white shed until I post the trip report okay ;)